Diabetics

Tell me guys, just curious here, I never go to the doctors, ever. How do you find out you have something like diabetes if your like me? What's the symptoms.

Pissing a lot, tiredness, weight loss and drinking fluids like they're going out of fashion.

• Like 2

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Type 2 Diabetes normally comes on late 30s & up wards , its caused through not looking after your diet through life , basically your pancreas has been working over time producing insulin all the t

Baw ,if you over 30 , do yourself a favour and go to the quacks a couple of times a year , get your bloods done and a bit of an mot , don't wait for symptoms to show , theres a myriad of things that d

Wish my old pal took all the advise onboard. He thought it was all a big joke, sadly he paid the ultimate price in finding out it wasn't .. Sure it was type 2 he had but not certain. Look after yours

Tell me guys, just curious here, I never go to the doctors, ever. How do you find out you have something like diabetes if your like me? What's the symptoms.

Pissing a lot, tiredness, weight loss and drinking fluids like they're going out of fashion.

I've seen days where I piss a lot, days I don't. Tiredness, naa but like yesterday, up at 5ish working, out lamping last night, bed after 1am, up for work 6 this morning, gonna feel tired :D no weight loss, been same weight for years. I have days where I drink a lot but still, if I had all them symptoms I prob still wouldn't go to a doctor :laugh:

You would know something is wrong mate. You'll pissing as fast as you can drink. If y sugar level go sky hight I just drink and piss constantly

Right mate, got you. When I'm pissing regular I'm talking maybe every hour. Don't think I'm mocking anyone, I was genuinely curious.

Baw ,if you over 30 , do yourself a favour and go to the quacks a couple of times a year , get your bloods done and a bit of an mot , don't wait for symptoms to show , theres a myriad of things that don't show themselves until its too late , My brother had the same cavalier attitude as you toward doctors , and he dropped dead , a visit to the docs would have prevented this , to make things worse he owed me money at the time .

• Like 4

Baw ,if you over 30 , do yourself a favour and go to the quacks a couple of times a year , get your bloods done and a bit of an mot , don't wait for symptoms to show , theres a myriad of things that don't show themselves until its too late , My brother had the same cavalier attitude as you toward doctors , and he dropped dead , a visit to the docs would have prevented this , to make things worse he owed me money at the time .

Lol Stan, aye I will at some point this year. Over 30 a decade ago :(

Yeah mate I'm on insulin. Try to look after my self do go off the rails every once in a while but not massively. Just seems that whatever I do it's still all over the place. Haven't long changed doctors so hopefully they'll suggest something different to try

ask your doctor about victosa i went on it about 2 month ago brilliant and helps lose weight . way he described it to me its like a chemical gastric band only daily injection instead .

I never had the symptoms and only found out on my final medical when leaving the army.

That was 2 years ago and now I do piss a bit more and my eyes are shit when I'm tired. I've now started to sort out my diet, I just need to drink less lager now.

Feeling tired ,going to the toilet more often,been thirsty alot

There's alot of people walking about BAW who are diabetic but don't know it,the longer its left the more damage is done

I believe you mate. Bit like high blood pressure can go unnoticed.

When I found out I had it it used to really get me down, started on metformin but now I control it with diet, when you get that balance right its quite easy to manage. :thumbs:

what is good diet jonny for this then,? not for me I am ok apart from bad back and fecked shoulder or should say was ok :laugh: no its for my wife she had few blood tests and she border line at moment for diabetes, her weight not helping her either, so do her good to loose weight anyway , I am lucky I say the same weight nearly all the time,

When I found out I had it it used to really get me down, started on metformin but now I control it with diet, when you get that balance right its quite easy to manage. :thumbs:

what is good diet jonny for this then,? not for me I am ok apart from bad back and fecked shoulder or should say was ok :laugh: no its for my wife she had few blood tests and she border line at moment for diabetes, her weight not helping her either, so do her good to loose weight anyway , I am lucky I say the same weight nearly all the time,

Here you go Ray get the missus to read this. :thumbs:

https://www.diabetes.org.uk/upload/How%20we%20help/catalogue/EatingWell_T2.pdf

Here you go Ray get the missus to read this. :thumbs:

https://www.diabetes.org.uk/upload/How%20we%20help/catalogue/EatingWell_T2.pdf

thanks jonny, put it in favourites and let her have look at it when she wants :thumbs:

hi highest blood sugar i ever managed was 32 couldnt move a muscle

as i lay having a heart attack in the ambulance,if you feel shite

get it checked out ,most chemist can do a check now so be warned

my bloods are now around 6/8 with the ocasional hypo thrown in lol