Weirdest Breed/cross On The Lamp?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a jack russell which I walked up the field one night with the lamp just for a clean and a fox shot into the brambles in a ditch..little fooker straight in and got it ..only thing it ever caught

I've seen a chihuahua/yorkie x whippet run on the lamp

I worked briefly with a gamekeeper back in the ,s who had lamped with a black patterdale ,, it was quite a big male,, and he had some success at rabbits,, this was not far from Newark

I had a jack russell which I walked up the field one night with the lamp just for a clean and a fox shot into the brambles in a ditch..little fooker straight in and got it ..only thing it ever caught out lamping but it was only time it ever went..seen a few mongrels catching bits and bobs on the lamp..I had an alsation x cur that would kill anything with a pulse if it could catch it haha..Unfortunately it was a fat b*****d and our success rate was limited to say the least haha..I also have this wee Pom x which id love to try on the lamp..Tomo as asked me to give it a go one night haha..the little shit has some stamina...retrieves to hand and out of water..shes 8 this year so maybe left it a bit late?

6ba2a7127690263c9f6b28c99768f29b_zpseaed

• Like 4

Get it up there on some of them easier rabbits on the tops Andy

I reckon it might show our lurchers up Tomo "( ..I think a Whippety type thing over it and you might have some ugly fuckers but I bet they would be good little moochers,ferreting companions? That thing is like a wee hoover hunting and even last two days its done 17/18 miles over fells lol..

• Like 1

The dog in my avatar is a 16 tts chorkie x whippet. Had over 80 rabbits in his first season which ain't bad at all for where I was going. He's not the best rabbit dog I've seen cos he just ain't got the legs to close the gap on the still and clear nights when you can't get a close slip. But hes been out with a lot of dogs and shown a fair few right up. Nice small fields with firm ground. You could do a lot worse if all you're after is rabbits, saying that though he'd have a go at anything I let him try.... the worst thing about him is no matter how much training I give him he won't retrieve

Yea he'd make you laugh if you see him run aswell. Like I said he ain't the best but he's nowhere near the worst either. He's definitely the most fun. He's so well matched with a good rabbit that some of them look like a hare being coursed, he boxes and turns them for about 30 seconds sometimes its so funny to watch. He catches more than my collie whippet but doesn't compete with my other pup

• Like 1

Seen a beaglexwhippet for sale a couple of days ago I didn't see it work the feller kept it in the car looked OK for abit of fun.

bet it wouldn't be a bad mouching dog, bit of bushing and marking. Wouldn't fancy waiting for it to come back after a slip once it got on a scent though