Weirdest Breed/cross On The Lamp?

out with one of my spaniels in the dark this eve I started wondering, whats the weirdest/most unlikely breed or cross people have seen or owned that had success lamping bunnies? I'm not talking catching night after night, but anyone tried owt and had unexpected successes?

(don't worry, I'm not gonna start lamping the spaniels expecting 'em to miraculously grow the legs of me lurcher :laugh: )

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a jack russell which I walked up the field one night with the lamp just for a clean and a fox shot into the brambles in a ditch..little fooker straight in and got it ..only thing it ever caught

I've seen a chihuahua/yorkie x whippet run on the lamp

I worked briefly with a gamekeeper back in the ,s who had lamped with a black patterdale ,, it was quite a big male,, and he had some success at rabbits,, this was not far from Newark

Lurcherman - that reminds me, once lamped rats and mice in a mates barn as kids, with their two cats. . . . for a laugh. Really good fun, but the game kind of ends once they catch one :laugh: Unless you're in there quick. :thumbs:

When we were kids, my mate's aunty had some kind of hound cross....looked like a leggy beagle, she claimed it had killed a couple of hares....so we tried lamping it...

We slipped it twice, after each slip it ran all the way home lol

• Like 1

I remember reading an article years ago, I think it was in the countrymans weekly about a lad that was lamping with a Rottweiler, if my memory's right I think he had around 50 rabbits with it upto him writing the article.

The funniest dog I know of for lamping was a Dalmatian x Greyhound a fella had near me that was marked exactly like a Dalmatian but it had a good reputation locally on the lamp.