Tam Parker - R.i.p.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is with deep regret that I have to inform all, that Mr Tam Parker, Vice Chairman of the National Working Terrier Federation, sadly passed away at his home yesterday. Tam, a dedicated terrier man a

Hi Everyone   This is Joanna Tam's Daughter I would just like to say thank you so very very much for all your kind words, im sure that I will know of every single one of you but obviously without my

Gone away to the mountains and glens Terriers by his side forever his friends RIP TAM

Hi Everyone

This is Joanna Tam's Daughter I would just like to say thank you so very very much for all your kind words, im sure that I will know of every single one of you but obviously without my dad here to translate your user names for me im lost lol I find this sight harder to view than my Facebook as it where he spent all this time recently with you all trying to sort out as many problems for you as he could and for every single one of you who contacted him I was told of the situations you where in and he usually ran his ideas over me before giving advise back, he lived for this in the last few years as he wasn't as active as he used to be but this kept his mind going even when he was struggling to leave home sometimes so for that I owe you thanks you have no idea how much pleasure he got from helping out a guy in need especially to "get it up" on the ones trying to stop our sport.

I know that he lived breathed and died a proud terrier man and again thank you on his behalf.

I would now like to invite anyone who wishes to attend to pay respect his funeral is Tue 14th at 4pm south Lanarkshire crematorium G72 0TL dad didn't want suits or black to be worn so hunting gear would be appreciated or all glammed up to the 9's :-)

Some people were asking for our address if you need it just pm me or ask Barrie Wade

Thank You

Joanna & Donna xxxx

• Like 13

Spoke to tam on the phone a few times about lure coursing insurance...

I didnt know his last name either..

He was very helpful... and seemed one of the 'better guys' ...

No afraid to help you out for sure...

I like the idea of hunting gear at the funeral...

Sorry to hear about your loss joanna...

RIP TAM.

• Like 1

Gone away,a good Turnout.Done him proud.

Every time your out in the field..pause and think of the Sacrifice the likes of Tam,gave in their Time and Health,fighting our corner.

It ain't a Bed of Roses up and down the Country Fighting the Fight ,they go to bed with that fight in their Heads,waiting on the next move .

I just hope there are younger men able to articulate as good and fill their likes, Boots, I was struggling looking round the day ,who could do what Tam had.

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

It is with deep regret that I have to inform all, that Mr Tam Parker, Vice Chairman of the National Working Terrier Federation, sadly passed away at his home yesterday.

Tam, a dedicated terrier man and stalwart supporter of the true working terrier, through his work in the Scottish Assembly on behalf of the NWTF, played an instrumental role in securing the future of terrier work in Scotland and beyond.

On the legal front, Tam’s clear analytical mind, combined with a lifetime’s experience of the practical side of terrier work resulted in many a bogus terrier related prosecution being exposed for just what it was. In his own words….. “A load of pish !”

Anyone who owns or admires the true working terrier owes Tam a debt of gratitude which they will never be able to repay. At a time when terrier work was under very real threat from a combination of uninformed left wing politicians and wealthy animal rights organisations, it could so easily have gone under. Fortunately there were a small handful of terrier men not prepared to allow that to happen. They put their own personal lives on hold, took themselves out of their natural comfort zone and fought countless battles on very unfamiliar territory…. and they still came out on top.

Tam was one of those men and it’s much to his credit that terrier work in Scotland came out of the Protection of Wild Mammals (Scotland) Act with far less restrictions than its own voluntary rules and codes of conduct. Tam will be sadly be missed by all who knew him, and the terrier world has lost a truly great friend. Our thoughts and deepest condolences go to his wife Donna, and daughter Joanna, at this very sad time.

R.I.P. Dear Friend.

Payed our respects to Tam by reading your passage at our monthly meeting last night Barrie.

(West Wales Working Terrier & Lurcher Club)

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...