Mk3 M Not Accurate

Yep,,been a few threads on this,,, I haven't seen a single m3 that has been accurate with the depth,,,

Reacantly vin was out with a few other lads,, they had 5 mk3 locators with them ,,and not 1 was accurate

I personally think they are accurate. Every dig i have had always been bang on the spot and depth wise.

I did notice that if i had my Iphone in my pocket it can cause some interference :)

Give it time...;)

• Like 1

Yep,,been a few threads on this,,, I haven't seen a single m3 that has been accurate with the depth,,,

Reacantly vin was out with a few other lads,, they had 5 mk3 locators with them ,,and not 1 was accurate

I've just got one back from Deben after being recalibrated..New batteries all around etc etc.. and it still reads way off depth.

At the 2-3 ft marks its pretty close...but after that the measurements almost double actual depth.

I believe they are acurate and they get the job done as far as finding the ferret and pinpointing its location..but they do not reach 16ft on any day of the week in any type of ground.. to be truthfull i think 12ft is about as good as it gets... Underground maybe 10ft on certain terain.

Ive tried and compared my 2 sets to brand new units and older units on far too many occasions now to believe anything i am told about the MK3.

But !.. I still think its better than the Mk1. . . If anyone can show me a mk1 doing a 16ft accurate reading i will sell my Mk3.

I think that it depends what is expected from the locator

my MK3 is accurate in location and gets me near enough to the

depth ,however,if you want it to be with-in an inch or two

I recon it is not going to happen.

My MK3M is more accurate with a MK3M collar than with my MK3 collar

and it is much more accurate than the MK1 or 2

Sam