Thl Fishing Comp 2014

Yes the original idea, thread and event was brought about by a few of us talking about old fashioned river match fishing.... Hence picking a river ( the Trent) and making the event work around that... It's been said enough times but it was a great do, and as good as we all could of hoped for........ But, the problem for Johnny here is logistics, the river is about 45 mins away from where he can get us camping, presentation etc... I guess it's a concern having to drive so far both ways, possibly after a few beers the night before?... I personally would rather fish the wye than a lake, but not if it's going to make it a real ball ache to organise, and get too..... I'm easy, but if arch and bob are gonna fish the wye the day before I think I'll join them...

• Like 3

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just had a message off Make A Wish Foundation UK about the match, so I'll get the write up and a few pics done up for there facebook page and the main Make A Wish website. 09:06 Make-A-Wish F

That Jim is turning my kids Scottish, Arya looking braw in her wee dress off Uncle Jim.

Last years comp was much more than fishing in the end, it turned into a good social event aswell and that is what I want to try and achieve. The job stewie did for the last one was second to none and

Posted Images

johnny i`m waiting for a date for an op on my shoulder ,the antique fair dates to come out and the mrs holiday to be sorted ,and you to sort a date , so i`m ruling my self out this year once its all sorted i might come in as l late starter if there`s room left ...

you can take my place if you can make it mate and there no more room.

johnny i`m waiting for a date for an op on my shoulder ,the antique fair dates to come out and the mrs holiday to be sorted ,and you to sort a date , so i`m ruling my self out this year once its all sorted i might come in as l late starter if there`s room left ...

But how are Scotland going to win if you do that Scott? :laugh: There'll always be room for you or stiggy.

Yes the original idea, thread and event was brought about by a few of us talking about old fashioned river match fishing.... Hence picking a river ( the Trent) and making the event work around that... It's been said enough times but it was a great do, and as good as we all could of hoped for........ But, the problem for Johnny here is logistics, the river is about 45 mins away from where he can get us camping, presentation etc... I guess it's a concern having to drive so far both ways, possibly after a few beers the night before?... I personally would rather fish the wye than a lake, but not if it's going to make it a real ball ache to organise, and get too..... I'm easy, but if arch and bob are gonna fish the wye the day before I think I'll join them...

i think if any of us fishing the next day had of been stopped and breath tested we`d of gone over i think we had our last pint 3 hours before setting off to fish and if i had`nt of fell off my camp bed i might of had another :laugh:

• Like 7

But how are Scotland going to win if you do that Scott? :laugh: There'll always be room for you or stiggy.

i`ll pull out all the stops to go ---- just make sure your there scot :thumbs:

• Like 2

i think if any of us fishing the next day had of been stopped and breath tested we`d of gone over i think we had our last pint 3 hours before setting off to fish and if i had`nt of fell off my camp bed i might of had another :laugh:

My worries exactly mate, I was adamant I was only having a couple the night before.... And end up sat in your van on the piss till stupid o'clock lol.....

You falling off the bed was my que to leave lol

• Like 2

:laugh::laugh:

My worries exactly mate, I was adamant I was only having a couple the night before.... And end up sat in your van on the piss till stupid o'clock lol.....

like we`ve always said turn out the best nights i dont think stewies bro kicked us out the pub till 2 packed us off with a pint :D ....

• Like 1

:D:D ffs!!!!!

sorry everyone i never knew it were a 45 min drive away to the river........... :icon_redface: obviously thats to far lol..........you f***ing useless english kunts that were fishing should of won it and avoided all this caper.......... :tongue2::laugh:

like we`ve always said turn out the best nights i dont think stewies bro kicked us out the pub till 2 packed us off with a pint :D ....

I thought it was later than that :hmm: think I got in at 3.30 , back up again @ 7.50 for breakfast :shok:

I thought it was later than that :hmm: think I got in at 3.30 , back up again @ 7.50 for breakfast :shok:

it proberbley was mate fooking mad :yes:

• Like 1

I cant forsee where i will be in august....

I cant tell you what ill be doing next week! ...

If i can go... ill hitch a lift with RM...

No fishing... cant even fecking drink much ffs :laugh: ...

But ill try and be there for a good cause :thumbs: ....

Edited by B.P.R
  • Like 1