Thl Fishing Comp 2014

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just had a message off Make A Wish Foundation UK about the match, so I'll get the write up and a few pics done up for there facebook page and the main Make A Wish website. 09:06 Make-A-Wish F

That Jim is turning my kids Scottish, Arya looking braw in her wee dress off Uncle Jim.

Last years comp was much more than fishing in the end, it turned into a good social event aswell and that is what I want to try and achieve. The job stewie did for the last one was second to none and

Posted Images

can he put a set of skins together lol

any body could put skins together better than your bangers lol

lol what like that abortion you rolled
lol eye but you tooted it no me ?

not being funny :D:D BUT i had a nightmare finding a river to fish round here as everyone was saying that was the whole idea of the comp in the first place as they were sick of people going on about catching fish out of stocked lakes...... :hmm: like i said not being arsey in anyway just i could of got us on a lake alot easier than the river :thumbs:

SOUNDS like you're being arsey.. :yes:

well im not.........this is the original thread that started all this off...........

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/288092-recommend-an-angling-book/

the whole thing started off about wild river fishing and a mutual dislike to sitting round a carp puddle in bivvys and pulling out fish after fish!!!!

i really do believe it should stay on rivers as that was the point from the beginning.......trying to keep old traditions alive......... :victory:

• Like 3

The majority will decide .........

maybe so and fair play..............but it was alot of hassle, phone calls, time and work to get last years river venue sorted when i could of just got us on a lake with ready made pegs in one phone call!!!

if somethings set up for a reason then it should stay like that imo............like i said im not being funny and im sure it will be a top weekend again wherever we fish......... :victory:

• Like 1

FFS mate let it go ... You did a brilliant job last year fair play to you ... But somebody else is organising it now ... Its a different year a different venue ... It's all in the same memory and for the same reason and that's the main thing .........

• Like 8

maybe so and fair play..............but it was alot of hassle, phone calls, time and work to get last years river venue sorted when i could of just got us on a lake with ready made pegs in one phone call!!!

if somethings set up for a reason then it should stay like that imo............like i said im not being funny and im sure it will be a top weekend again wherever we fish......... :victory:

We all agreed you did a great job last year. The venue this year won't detract from the reason behind it. Now someone else is putting themselves out to organise it and as far as I'm concerned whether it's river lake or sea, it'll be great.

FFS mate let it go ... You did a brilliant job last year fair play to you ... But somebody else is organising it now ... Its a different year a different venue ... It's all in the same memory and for the same reason and that's the main thing .........

its gone mate lol like i said im sure it will be a top weekend wherever its held.......... :victory:

We all agreed you did a great job last year. The venue this year won't detract from the reason behind it. Now someone else is putting themselves out to organise it and as far as I'm concerned whether it;s river lake or sea, it'll be great.

if its on a lake it might detract the reason behind it was river match fishing......... :whistling: but your right it, will be great and i cant wait............ ;):thumbs:

Last years comp was much more than fishing in the end, it turned into a good social event aswell and that is what I want to try and achieve. The job stewie did for the last one was second to none and I hope this one is as successful.

I'll organise whichever to the best of my ability. :thumbs:

• Like 13

although i caught fook all last year and i`m a complete novice i`ve got to say i enjoyed fishing or trying to on the river ---i`ve been on a lake since and caught a few but have to say it was boring as fook and the lads that knew how to fish the lake had to empty there keep nets twice...but i`d say its upto the welsh boys ...

• Like 1

Last years comp was much more than fishing in the end, it turned into a good social event aswell and that is what I want to try and achieve. The job stewie did for the last one was second to none and I hope this one is as successful.

I'll organise whichever to the best of my ability. :thumbs:

jonny im sorry mate you no what im like lol was just thinking out loud i guess :D and its not like the fishing was top class here, especially with that baldy kunt :censored: get us on wherever you can mate, sort a good venue out and the rest will take care of itself........... :victory::victory:

• Like 3

johnny i`m waiting for a date for an op on my shoulder ,the antique fair dates to come out and the mrs holiday to be sorted ,and you to sort a date , so i`m ruling my self out this year once its all sorted i might come in as l late starter if there`s room left ...

Edited by the_stig