Its Not Raining This Morning ..!

So even though it was frozen solid I took the chance to get out for a couple of hours .I new the deer wouldn't be in the fields but thought I might catch up with one in the valley were there is plenty of shelter .Leaving home at 6.45 I was getting the kit out of the motor by 7 am , loaded up on the quad I got round to the valley , glassing up just in case there were any in the fields , there wasn't .Leaving the quad I set of along the top ridge ,glassing every few yards I spotted several small groups , non of which I could get a clear shot at as they was to much scrub in the way , deciding to drop down to the track to give myself a slightly better view I carried on eventually getting a chance on a single doe as she picked her way across the scrub ,of the sticks at about 65m she was an old square faced doe & fell instantly to the shot .Gralloched out she was in great condition, but not in calf , I went back for the quad .

Her loaded I opted to take her back to the motor ,again checking the now thawing fields in case the deer had moved out onto them. Behind the offices a small paddock that I normally do very early so not to upset the office girls was next to be checked , another lone doe , head in some tussock grass , took of as the 6.5 bit home only to stumble then collapse .Watching & waiting a few minutes I checked her for any sign of life ...none ...gralloched she joined the other one on the quad for her final journey to the chiller ..again in good condition she weighed in at 72 lb .Just as I was finishing up in the coldroom the first spits of rain started to fall . Nice to be out again even though at times a boat would have been better than a bike ..

post-81636-0-13165900-1388939771_thumb.jpg

post-81636-0-59236500-1388939794_thumb.jpg