Saluki X Whippet

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taffey a few pics of a litter we bred last year.

first x saluki x whippets

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Yer it's a dog for sure lol I had sire mike brown whippet the dam was a pure bred by Brookie of here and very well bred he not a bad little dog not fastest at them but once wound up he generally gets job done especially if they try the long route use him for ferreting / lamping / bushing as well nice little dog to have about and you can go out and have 5/6 runs so makes it worth going only 30 months yet so early days the pic on here is crap it was the worst pic of about 10 they would nt put the others on there's some better pics on another topic about same dog if ya look through my topics atb taffey

Yer it's a dog for sure lol I had sire mike brown whippet the dam was a pure bred by Brookie of here and very well bred he not a bad little dog not fastest at them but once wound up he generally gets job done especially if they try the long route use him for ferreting / lamping / bushing as well nice little dog to have about and you can go out and have 5/6 runs so makes it worth going only 30 months yet so early days the pic on here is crap it was the worst pic of about 10 they would nt put the others on there's some better pics on another topic about same dog if ya look through my topics atb taffey

would a small type coursing dog, be better regards speed+stamina.? I like the sound of this x whippetxsaluki , but just smaller coursing dog might be better.?

Yer could be right bird were I run you don't need the 27 tts models small fields paddocks with some airfields with decent size land to run so 23 /24 tts is plenty been out with young lad who's got a MB bred whippet who's 22/12 tts and he gives a good account of himself for first field or so but struggles a bit on the longer runs which is understandable but great to watch run as he s up and at them for the first minute or 2 but to answer your question if I was only running mr big ears then a small coursing bred would suit me better but I lamp ferret and general mooch with mine so he suits me fine if he keeps running the way he is then in a couple of years or so would drop him over a nice whippet/ greyhound bit more top end speed without increasing size too much got a 1/2 whippet 3/8 greyhound 1/8 collie here coming 15 months he s been knocking a few over last few wks so next season he ll hopefully be a decent dog he s 24 tts and rapid as f..k too them with a bit of wind about him for the breeding atb taffey

Yer could be right bird were I run you don't need the 27 tts models small fields paddocks with some airfields with decent size land to run so 23 /24 tts is plenty been out with young lad who's got a MB bred whippet who's 22/12 tts and he gives a good account of himself for first field or so but struggles a bit on the longer runs which is understandable but great to watch run as he s up and at them for the first minute or 2 but to answer your question if I was only running mr big ears then a small coursing bred would suit me better but I lamp ferret and general mooch with mine so he suits me fine if he keeps running the way he is then in a couple of years or so would drop him over a nice whippet/ greyhound bit more top end speed without increasing size too much got a 1/2 whippet 3/8 greyhound 1/8 collie here coming 15 months he s been knocking a few over last few wks so next season he ll hopefully be a decent dog he s 24 tts and rapid as f..k too them with a bit of wind about him for the breeding atb taffey

:thumbs: