Squirrel in the loft

james you may well be right, its been over ten years since i gave up pest control, but i can assure you that it was common place to use poison in loft spaces, had afew calls to go out and try to find the dead squirels in the attic, {smell &flys}found grain and even on one occasion wax blocks.wether it was legal back then i dont no, but as i said dont use poison

Ok, and I quote from the Killgerm 2007 catalogue, Grey squirrel bait, contains 0.02% warfarin, to be used only in grey squirrel control by competant persons. For use only between March 15th- August 15th for tree protection. Uses besides tree protection-timing unrestricted. The use of Warfarin to control grey squirrels is illegal unless the provisions of the Grey Squirrel Order 1973 are observed. This product must only be used outdoors in Scotland and the following counties of England and Wales: Cumberland, Northumberland, Carmarthen, East Suffolk, Cardigan, Norfolk, Flint, Durham, Westmorland, Caernarvon, Isle of Wight, Montgomery, Merioneth, Lancashire, Anglesey, Denbigh.

From that I would say that you can therefore use it indoors in a roof space in counties such as Cornwall, Devon, Hampshire, Essex, Staffordshire, Yorkshire, etc.

Edited by proper job
Ok, and I quote from the Killgerm 2007 catalogue, Grey squirrel bait, contains 0.0255 warfarin, to be used only in grey squirrel control by competant persons. For use only between March 15th- August 15th for tree protection. Uses besides tree protection-timing unrestricted. The use of Warfarin to control grey squirrels is illegal unless the provisions of the Grey Squirrel Order 1973 are observed. This product must only be used outdoors in Scotland and the following counties of England and Wales: Cumberland, Northumberland, Carmarthen, East Suffolk, Cardigan, Norfolk, Flint, Durham, Westmorland, Caernarvon, Isle of Wight, Montgomery, Merioneth, Lancashire, Anglesey, Denbigh.

From that I would say that you can therefore use it indoors in a roof space in counties such as Cornwall, Devon, Hampshire, Essex, Staffordshire, Yorkshire, etc.

Thank you. I rest my case :thumbs:

Just for the record i dont poison them, with flying my bird at them in woods and eating them myself when caught or trapped, poisoning squirrel is a no-no in my book, but i was pretty sure it was legal though. 8)

Edited by trappa
Guest foxyforce1
Ok, and I quote from the Killgerm 2007 catalogue, Grey squirrel bait, contains 0.0255 warfarin, to be used only in grey squirrel control by competant persons. For use only between March 15th- August 15th for tree protection. Uses besides tree protection-timing unrestricted. The use of Warfarin to control grey squirrels is illegal unless the provisions of the Grey Squirrel Order 1973 are observed. This product must only be used outdoors in Scotland and the following counties of England and Wales: Cumberland, Northumberland, Carmarthen, East Suffolk, Cardigan, Norfolk, Flint, Durham, Westmorland, Caernarvon, Isle of Wight, Montgomery, Merioneth, Lancashire, Anglesey, Denbigh.

Thank you. I rest my case :thumbs:

Just for the record i dont poison them, with flying my bird at them in woods and eating them myself when caught or trapped, poisoning squirrel is a no-no in my book, but i was pretty sure it was legal though. 8)

wouldnt have been legal to use in a domestic property......havent seen the killgerm catalouge but if thats what it states i think defra should be asking some questions.

Ok, and I quote from the Killgerm 2007 catalogue, Grey squirrel bait, contains 0.02% warfarin, to be used only in grey squirrel control by competant persons. For use only between March 15th- August 15th for tree protection. Uses besides tree protection-timing unrestricted. The use of Warfarin to control grey squirrels is illegal unless the provisions of the Grey Squirrel Order 1973 are observed. This product must only be used outdoors in Scotland and the following counties of England and Wales: Cumberland, Northumberland, Carmarthen, East Suffolk, Cardigan, Norfolk, Flint, Durham, Westmorland, Caernarvon, Isle of Wight, Montgomery, Merioneth, Lancashire, Anglesey, Denbigh.

Are you sure it didnt say it COULDNT be used in scotland and the following counties......?

Yes you are right, that is what is written in their cat., but I think it should read "must not use outdoors". I have just been through the Defra and FC websites, nowhere does it say that it is illegal to use Warfarin bait for squirrels in roofspaces/lofts indoors, it does say "not reccomended" because of the possibility of not being able to retrieve the carcase, but not illegal.