How Many Digs Makes A Dog

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The life or career of a working terrier differes greatly among terriers.Some may only be complete sounders and more complete nut cases but both will get the job done.The sounder should go on to live a

The only thing guarenteed with terriers is most will be owned worked and bred by total muppets...

there will be no direct answer too this question ,.......some terriers get better with every dig, some slower , some wont , some will,.......some start early , some late,.....every dog is different...

Posted Images

once you`ve got your own trusted group work it together -- or keep and breed your own and you`ll get a lifetime out the job without worrying what anyone else is doing --them that want to sell for silly money do and them that want to pay silly money will you`ll never change that ;). Cigar

once you`ve got your own trusted group work it together -- or keep and breed your own and you`ll get a lifetime out the job without worrying what anyone else is doing --them that want to sell for silly money do and them that want to pay silly money will you`ll never change that ;)

that a fact mate money should not butt it do sadly id rather gift to a good home to be worked I work for my money and dig for free enjoyment the word I get the same pleasure diging your dogs as I do my own

there will be no direct answer too this question ,.......some terriers get better with every dig, some slower , some wont , some will,.......some start early , some late,.....every dog is different...

every owner is different , some will wait , some wont,......

so every answer will be different........what I will say is after 18-24 months you will know if a terrier is going to be up too your own standard ,......and with experience comes the number of digs and the number of digs is a wiser dog ......

some young dogs will work like they been doing it for years , some wont......

so the number of digs is really irrelevant , you could still have a very good digging dog what only goes out once a week ,.....it don't make another dog any better because its out twice a week,.........a proven dog is too the owners preference ......every preference is different....

if a young dog has never let you down , then that's all you can ask for despite how many digs it has.......to the point of trusting a terrier is when its proven ......if you don't trust then its not proven ,.........and when a young dog lies , it don't mean its failed.......

and some will never lie through there whole life........but some young dogs people ask too much of them in some earths ,......when a proven suitable dog is needed.....

amount of digs don't come into it ,.........you trust your dog and what ever it has done its proved too your self and what ever work its had will differ too the next proven dog..........its about trust , not digs,....... a proven terrier too me is one I know that if it says no,.......then you can try any dog you want with any digs under its belt and I know theres nothing at home.......and I have great faith in young dogs , which haven't lied or let you down,.......even tho because of there age we will always try other dogs to make sure there 100% right and there will come a time when you can trust it , despite how many digs

• Like 7