Opinions Please

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't rule out a strong big coursing dog mate I don't mean a greyhound but a proper fen running courser, IMHO they are just doing what the old coursing greys done years ago,bred to catch hares. Will a

Just put a racey big lurcher that's doing it's job well

birds collie/grey bryn would my my choice...     but out of the bull/grey or grey i think id rather go for a nice 3/4 grey 1/4 bull instead of the grey , dont see the point in breeding back to grey

Yep, Hot Meat's on the money here, good line of coursing dog is what I'd use too.

Take time to study lines, because way back in some of them, there were dogs with Bedlington blood, those lines with wooly coated dogs are the throwbacks from it. Find the right one of these (always based on graft!) and you could be on to a winner. ;)

Bosun, and everyone else. I have to ask these questions, a dozen heads are better than one, and there's obviously a wealth of experience out there. It leaves me with some more study to do but that's a good thing, thank you very much for your help. If anyone knows of any of these present day types with beddy ancestry that are working or have a good working past I'd be really grateful for any information.

Thanks again,

Neil

Not sure if it was Bigliks or Bigears that had pictures of a beddy cross put to coursing stock..

Dogs looked smashers and from what he said were multi purpose..

Depends what your after tho..

It might just be easier to buy a pup in :thumbs:

that would of been bigears mate

• Like 2

We're can I see the Bryn dog, is he at stud? What has he produced so far?

Good luck with your choice mate. If you want to know more about Bryn then PM Brid off here - he's the dogs owner. Last time I spoke to him a couple of months ago, Bryn hadn't been over a bitch but he is supposed to be a very, very good dog and Ray (Bird) is an honest guy :thumbs:

If you want to keep along the same lines as the beddy, contact lurcher 2020 his granddad runs a 3/4 grey 1/4 beddy it lined my mates 3/4 grey 1/4 saluki bitch and for only being 1/8th beddy you wouldn't believe the beddy in some of the pups, if you want to find out more about the 3/4 grey 1/4 beddy they've got I think it was Basil Brush that bred the litter so he might be able to tell you more about the litter, but failing that I would agree with Bosun11 one of those coursing dogs with beddy already in the line, atb Marvel :victory: