Sharing permission

Ive been into falconry for a while now, and there is sort of a gentlemans agreement that if someone is flying on that land then you dont go and ask the farmer if you can fly as well. ie ; one falconer for one area of permission, which, imo, is fair enough.

Im just getting into shooting seriously but cant work out if sharing shooting permission is a yay or nay. I was working on a farm ( something i do a lot of ) and he said i was more than welcome to fly my bird and shoot on his land i was obviously happy about this, but as i was walking over a field up popped a lad who introduced himself, we had a chat as he asked me what i was doing, but he made it plain that this was "his" land and he did the shooting on it. I didnt want to cause a scene as i wasnt sure what the norm is. Any advice welcome. cheers.

I know what you mean mate. I ferret a golf course and do a bit of air rifle shooting there. To cut a very long story short I was having a mooch out with the air rifle about 6 weeks ago, when I see this movement further up the hill. When I get closer I see its 2 guys fully camoed up crawling around trying to stalk some rabbits. So what was I meant to do. At first I was raging before I spoke to them, thought there was gonna be trouble because there was total tension in the air we were just staring at each other. So I say to them "I didnt realise anyone else came shooting here",

"They dont" was the reply. "we go golfing here and also do a bit of airrifle shooting so we said to **** and he said it was ok if we shot a few."

So what was I meant to do? They had permission off the same guy as me. So eventually we started a conversation and the guys ended up gving me all there rabbits too. Sound blokes too.

But yea I know what you mean, you get permission thinking its yours, give the guy wine or whatever at christmas, then you find out they are still giving it to anyone that asks. :doh::wallbash:

I know what you mean mate. I ferret a golf course and do a bit of air rifle shooting there. To cut a very long story short I was having a mooch out with the air rifle about 6 weeks ago, when I see this movement further up the hill. When I get closer I see its 2 guys fully camoed up crawling around trying to stalk some rabbits. So what was I meant to do. At first I was raging before I spoke to them, thought there was gonna be trouble because there was total tension in the air we were just staring at each other. So I say to them "I didnt realise anyone else came shooting here",

"They dont" was the reply. "we go golfing here and also do a bit of airrifle shooting so we said to **** and he said it was ok if we shot a few."

So what was I meant to do? They had permission off the same guy as me. So eventually we started a conversation and the guys ended up gving me all there rabbits too. Sound blokes too.

But yea I know what you mean, you get permission thinking its yours, give the guy wine or whatever at christmas, then you find out they are still giving it to anyone that asks. :doh::wallbash:

Cheers boys. I reckon by the sounds of it, its a bit of a free-for-all. :hmm: