Terrier Size

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been done to death this one..same old answers as well..Favourite one being if it wants to it will ..Right... It Wont get up to a fox in a tight chalk place or a tight rock place or a small drain or a

Wanting to get there helps but wanting isn't enough a lot of the time. Only a idiot would put up with waiting say 2 hrs before there big dog get up close. A useable fox dog should be easily spannable.

a foxhound lol

My mate has just bought a choc bull x patterdale Its about 13 month old and 15 inch to shoulder but not spanable by an inch or so what's the chance of it fitting in raynards house do you think its to big what's the biggest terrier you guys have seen go to ground cheers atb JH

a foxhound lol
  • Like 4

if he is not spannable there will be alot he wont get to..... alot bigger than what most work to fox. im sure he will get to some but then again i dont know what sort of earths you work. im sure from experience working them before you have an idea of the size of dog that can work them.

• Like 1

seen a lot of so called big dogs getting into some tight spots think its more about wanting to get there if you know what I mean

Wanting to get there helps but wanting isn't enough a lot of the time. Only a idiot would put up with waiting say 2 hrs before there big dog get up close. A useable fox dog should be easily spannable.

• Like 8

its horses for causes around me i have alot of places with big tubes so a big dog isnt a problem but i also have permission with small rabbity earths were you need small dogs and i mean small and thats why i have a mixed yard but the biggest dog here is a 15 in bedlington but he can fit in places a bull russell or barrel ribbed pat wont get

I'm sure you'll get some and some you'll have to walk away from unless you have a smaller dog as back up, most holes local to me you need a smallish dog a lot of them a big dog would never get to.

A tight one my bitch took a while to get to

Lukey85/media/007.jpg.html]007.jpg[/url]

004-1.jpg

• Like 1

We dig backfills two beagle crosses on a regular basis and they are either at the stuff or not far away lol

. Would yous be digging them on purpose or would they just drop in, whilst hot in pursuit.???

They would drop in on a hunt

Been done to death this one..same old answers as well..Favourite one being if it wants to it will ..Right... It Wont get up to a fox in a tight chalk place or a tight rock place or a small drain or a tight flinty place etc etc etc ..Like said you need different sizes for different jobs..

• Like 10