Bit Of Luxury Ferreting Today

Guest vin

5am set off this morning.

Down Shropshire to meet up with Trigger2 and young Kieran to do some ferreting.
Picked John up and went to Kierans to sort the Ferrets and Nets etc etc and get Young Kierans New Quad out for the donkey work today.
We loaded up the quad and kieran chaufered us around all day from Warren to Warren.. Stopping off when the dogs marked a hole and dropping the ferts in..The very 1st warren of the day produced an couple of good bolts that were missed and a nice little Sooty bunny for the 1st catch in the bag.. Young Kieran has done a great job with the Ferret kits that myself and tomo gave him last year..They are a credit to him in very very good condition and after a long break from work they were back down the burrows and bolting them no messing about at all,The bunnies iether bolted or were Dug out with no big or deep nasty digs all day.
At one point we were ferreting around the pheasant pens with birds bobbing about,but the dogs behaved impecably and caused no stress for the birds whilst getting on with the job at hand.
We missed a few and caught a nice even dozen whilst having a very relaxed easy mooch about.. I cant think of a better way to spend a Sunday.
Tell you what chaps ..Lifes a lot easier with one of them Quads.. I'm hoping Tomo's gonna buy one for me ready for when we start on the steep farms in February.

Thanks John and Young Kieran ( my Dad's the keeper Dont you know ).
For a great day out.

See you both soon.

post-11815-0-11594900-1388361729.jpg

post-11815-0-90359600-1388361749.jpg

like you say vin it was a nice relaxing day no stress we just plodded along nice and steady.

ive just got back in from a night shift with young buster and picked up another 28 rabbits. its a shame the pocket of rabbits i was in wasnt abit bigger then perhaps i could have had a few more, ive had a good hunting session today/tonight with 12 ferreted and 28 lamped rabbits. all in all not a bad day.

Lazy fecker,,don't think your getting out of it,, them fells are waiting for me and them narrow shoulders of yours,,, you need it anyway get a bit of muscle on them things you call legs,,lol

Anyway if I had one of those I would be even fatter,,, and even I don't want that

• Like 2

Lazy fecker,,don't think your getting out of it,, them fells are waiting for me and them narrow shoulders of yours,,, you need it anyway get a bit of muscle on them things you call legs,,lol

Anyway if I had one of those I would be even fatter,,, and even I don't want that

it was nice to be able to take all the gear just incase and not have to carry any of it.

• Like 2