Shotgun Licence Enquiries

Hi there im 26 and am going to apply for my shotgun licence to start foing with my dad,ive recently got six points on my driving licence in the 9 years ive been driving!could anyone help me and know if it would effect my chances of getting my licence?ive got no criminal record in amyway other than that?any advice would be grateful.

You've got to be open and honest with them. They're looking to see you're a responsible person and getting caught speeding a couple of times can be excused as momentary lapses in an otherwise good character. Let's be honest, pretty much everyone speeds it's just some people are better at not getting caught :tongue2:

They will already know any brushes you've had with them and they're looking to see if you will be straight up with them. Should be an easy enough discussion, not so much if they're the ones that bring it up and ask you why you felt the need to lie on your application.

For a shotgun cert approval they have to prove you're an unfit person to hold one. Two speeding convictions don't put you in this category but they might use this point to discuss your attitude to the law and how you feel about compliance.

Good luck with the app :thumbs:

Hi

Just be honest,I forgot to list my motoring conviction on a past renewal for both sgc and fac.

I remembered after I had sent it off.i rang to say I had forgot to list it as it was 2 years previously and it just slipped my mind.so not to look like I was being deceitful. They were more than grateful to be fair and it never got mentioned at the review on renewal.its no drama just be true.they no more about you than you know about yourself anyway lol

Hope it goes ok

Atb