Hassle With Local Street Gang

Now I live pretty much out of it but last Monday a gang of kids between about 14 - 16 came down the road in the evening and tied a peice of rope from the tree in our front garden to the lampost across the road :icon_eek:, thankfully a biker never hit it but a car did and pulled up, the scumbag juds ran around the car scareing the crap out of the young woman driving, by this time I ran down the driveway and they ran to the end of the road chucking abuse.

anyway to cut a long story short they cleared off only to return yesterday on another Monday just before dusk, this time was was a bit heavier in numbers probably around 12 - 14. 4 of them came right up the driveway to the front of the house so I opend the door and told them to piss off, obviousely they didn't so I went after them yet again to about 50yds down the road until the two biggest lads stopped, one pulled his Hood up and zipped up over his mouth and turned round to show a sheaf knife of some sort and by his stance he was up for it, the other lad showed a knife but was a bit more aprehensive.

To cut a long story short I told them "I'll catch up with them again and the next time they won't have a knife" and walked away to a torrent of "chicken" abuse. I got in the house and they came back and stood at the end of the driveway, I then rung the police and explained some lads pulled a Knife on me and they said two units are on their way. half an hour went past and by this time I was fumeing they was getting away with it to I jumped in the motor to give them some back, I drove round the end estate to see two Panda cars with flashing lights at the end of the road with a few of these lads one of which was one of the lads with the knife, I pulled up and lost it a bit gobbing off and pointed out the lad with the knife but the police found nothing and the lad was denying it, thankfully one of the coppers walked back to the place they originaly saw them and Bingo! there layed the knife in the bushes.

I was then asked would I be willing to write a statement to nick this lad and I said 100% deifinite from which they was supposed to come round. later that evening the phone rang and it was the police! they explained to me the lad was now shitting himself and has his mother and grandad with him and basically do I still want to make a statement? so I said yes! the copper then told me it may well not be worth all the hassle as the lad has no previouse, plus he will also deny it with his friends as witneses to back him up and may well only get away with a slapped wrist.

the advice I was given was to let it go and allow the police to charge him with carrying a offensive weapon in a public place, apparantly the outcome will still only be the same as if I went to court with a written statement. to be Honest I'm a bit confused about this and feel a bit let down! I have no reason to beleive this lad wasn't prepared to use the knife, you can normally tell a Bluffer but this lad was for real.

Questions are? what would you do now? what also would you do if they came back? the police have asked me to ring straight away but as we all know sometimes its too late. we all know what we would like to do but have been warned not to go over the top or I will be arrested.....

Cheers

Jasper

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bullterrier

jasper ask the police for a crime number and ask for the officer name and number who told you to leave it then speak to his Senior officer your pm and local press tell them you feared for yourself and family's safety best of luck mate :thumbs: ,,john

Guest curtislj

I don't see there is much you can do.But if the law won't protect you then you have to protect yourself! There are too many little shits running round these days who, often as not, know more about the law than the people we PAY to enforce it. You have evey right to protect your family and property from those who have got nothing better to do other than cause a f*****g nuisance to everyone around them. I,m not saying that I condone any violence :whistling: but lets see how brave they are in the middle of a field, at the wrong end of the beam, with you, ready to slip the RIGHT dog :boxing:

Edited by curtislj

youve got to show them your not scared of them. wait till you get the biggest alone, give him a proper hiding then threaten something "extreme"- he will shit himself bigtime.hey never did it again.

Edited by trappa

im not going to suggest what anyone should do in this situation but ive been through the same shite for a year or two where i live now.the worst thing you can do is chase them off.. they love it.

wing mirrors kicked off,tyres done,key scratches on several cars.police do nothing..

had to sort it the only way that works...i figured out who the top lad was in this mob of hoodies... went to his house one morning and got his dad to the door,i said the next thing that happens to my car etc anything... im coming through your house and im going for you not your lad!,

it stopped immedietly all i get from them nows :thumbs: .

it would be a good idea to find out where these lads live and maby tell there parents if that doesnt work, if they pull a knife out again pull a bigger one out they should shit them selves :hmm: if they dont, find some kid that will give them a kickin for a 20 box of carling that will work

Edited by greatwhitehunter

If they are proceeding with the Offensive weapon offence (carrying a knife etc..without lawful authority or reasonable excuse-ferreting/hunting etc is reasonable excuse) then the likely hood is that he will be getting punished the same as if he was done with the threatening behaviour (public order offence) for threatening you. The sentence at youth court would be the same, and if he is denying it then he cant be cautioned, so he will be off to court.

My advice is leave it, the copper sounded like he was trying to do you a favour,save himself some paper work and still do something to the lad for carrying the knife.

If they can prove the lad carried the knife without your testimony it will save any possible reprisals or further problems for you!

sounds bad jasp, if you call the fuzz next time ask long they will be. obviosly shortest time possible so the kids are still there when cops turn up. for definate, if the cops say 5 mins they will be late or any time they will be late for that matter. give the fuzz 5 mins or whatever they said to turn up trying to keep the lads there or whatever and if the cops arnt there in 5 mins call back up and say they wont be bothering you again so the panda car wont need to come out afterall as you have just shot the main one and the others ran off then so its all sorted :rolleyes:

what would they send out then? SWAT? chopper aswell, a fair few cars a fair few armed officers all in a few minutes. obviosly if there is guns in the house it could be a bad move especially if you value your SGC :laugh: but at least they will turn up pronto :angel: and put the shits up the kids!

best of luck with it mate. must be a nightmare!

Edited by maty j

My dad had a similar set to, with a gang. He calmly walked into the house and fetched mr pickaxe shaft, and gave the gobbiest , biggest one a hiding he will never forget, and left him bleeding in the gutter, they never came near again.

First of all Jasper, to get the coppers attention, tell them there's a few lads with a badger tied to your fence with a dog attacking it...that should get them round before you've put the phone down. A word with the local druggies, who will need the money, will do no harm.... :boxing:

Make no wonder society is in such a state. The police not wanting to give thugs the maximum . A mate of ,mine was arrested for having a rabbiting knife in his coat pocket IN THE CAR when he was out lamping!!!

Is it any wonder that no one has any faith left in the police?

A crying shame Jasper, let us hope the police stop wasting time trolling sites like this looking to find "evidence" of people commiting crime and get out on the streets. Or am i paying my council tax for nothing... :cry::cry: sadly, i know the answer....

My car was getting broken into once, within a mile of the police station!!! i rang the police and they took approximately 20 minutes to turn up|!!!! I had to shine my lamp to scare the lads off in the end as they had nearly got the car started!!! i dare not wait any longer!!! :doh:=@

How long can these scenarios continue? :no::o

Guest nitevision

theres allways the ring leader,suss out wich one it is,as has been said,either give the toe rag a good slap when he is on his own,or slap his dad,there is allways older lads about my way,i just have a word with them everytime the latest hoodie gets to big for his boots,let them deal with it,hope you get it sorted/ :gunsmilie: