Beddy Whippet

Gaz_1989

Does anyone use a beddy whippet for bushing?

A mate of mine has got a little bitch and she is bang on. 19" tts and gets in anywhere. Pushes all sorts out and catches in the open aswell.

I know she won't get in the real tight spots a smaller dog would but at least she can't get to ground.

Just an idea. I've considered something similar myself and could also take it out on the lamp if the main running dog was laid up or out of action for whatever reason.

Yep, I have and a great little bitch she seems to be too! Flushes to the bigger dog, catches the odd one or two herself and is starting to lamp well. Generally biddable until she is on the trail… then it's a case of waiting til she is ready to stop! But she is young and i'm sure she'll steady up in time. I just need to learn how to get the best of her - regarding what she is working and reading her to see how she behaves on what type of quarry. So more time to spend on her, but I'm really happy so far. :thumbs:

Good stuff mate. Is she a half cross and what sort of size?

Yep she is half cross 19 and a half tts, scrawny little thing really but has some steely determination and a great nose. I will be training her over the summer to get used to the gun as she flushes pheasies and woodcock really well.