Scotland Dog Laws.

dog attacks on children mostly happen in a household do they not :hmm: so how will muzzling a dog in public places stop attacks on kids

it wont but it will render your own dog defencless when some fcuktards dog runs up without a muzzle and sets about it

• Like 4

Very seldom I walk my dogs in public places because of arseholes , the type that walk around with 4 dobermans and when they run up to you barking like f**k and you here "they won't touch you their fine" it's these f*****g muppets that need leeds and dog muzzles. But let's be honest do you think if it comes in police are going to drive by every shell suit hero walking down the street "muzzle your dog" "muzzle your dog" they will soon get fed up.

I agree with the microchipping I lost a good dog last year and some f****r has her if she had been chipped at least I could hope for her return and how many dogs have been lost and ended up in kennels that could have been scanned and returned to their owners if they had only had a chip. Ill chip every pup I get now anyway regardless of law

a microchipped dog was stolen near me not so long ago the police know who took it , they haven't got it back yet

IMO microchipping is a good idea, if for nothing else, its a 100% proof of ownership if your dog gets nicked, as well as the fact that you are much more likely to be reunited with a lost dog without the kennelling charge that the council charge if they need to kennel a stray :thumbs: I cant really see how it would stop dog attacks, but it would make prosecution easier I guess, as the owner would be easy to identify. So I can only really see positives with the chipping but the compulsory muzzling of all dogs goes against the grain for me, this country has a history with dogs going back well before the Roman invasion and this country seems to want to demonise them now. To deter the mongs owning the wrong dogs for the wrong reasons make the punishments more of a deterant, the dogs have to pay the ultimate price whilst the thick as s**t incompetents get off lightly, that needs to change.

The biggest problem with all of this is who's going to enforce it :hmm: Common sense needs to rule here, some dogs like fighting, some dogs fight because they are scared etc. The owner has the responsibility to take the necessary precautions, if your dog is a bit dog aggressive pop the muzzle on when out in public, if the dog is very dog aggressive make a decision, if you can handle him keep him and get a routine, putting the muzzle on before the front doors open, in a room away from the front door, common sense stuff. if you cant handle him do the kind thing, a very aggressive dog does not have a balanced and healthy mind and is probably in a constant or near constant state of stress whenever he's out of the home.

But who has the right to tell a dog owner to muzzle their dog when neither the dog or owner has done anything wrong or are in all probability not going to do anything wrong. Be careful with laws like this, they tend to be the thin end of a very fat wedge, before you know it breeds of all types will be being put on a dangerous dogs, banned breeds iist. Don't wait to let the politicians know how you feel, it will be too late by then, tell them know now :thumbs: I don't live in Scotland but my God, you have some right power freak politicians up there. My staffy is as soft as anything and I can tell you now, that if God himself descended from heaven on a blazing chariot and told me to muzzle my dog, I would tell him to "do one" :D, let alone a slightly overweight human suffering from small man syndrome :laugh:

Wee fat Eck will kiss arses with anybody now if it's a vote for independence it may never happen there not even having the meeting till next year , can you see the police turning out for every dog walked in a public place without a muzzle I can't ,

dog attacks on children mostly happen in a household do they not :hmm: so how will muzzling a dog in public places stop attacks on kids

it wont but it will render your own dog defencless when some fcuktards dog runs up without a muzzle and sets about it

I am lucky i live in the middle of no where and all the folks that are close all our dogs get on except my ald terrier who is a grumpy fker so she is always on a lead till i know there is no other dogs gan aboot anything same size she trys to kill, any dogs bigger than her she plays with.

Very seldom I walk my dogs in public places because of arseholes , the type that walk around with 4 dobermans and when they run up to you barking like f**k and you here "they won't touch you their fine" it's these f*****g muppets that need leeds and dog muzzles. But let's be honest do you think if it comes in police are going to drive by every shell suit hero walking down the street "muzzle your dog" "muzzle your dog" they will soon get fed up.

I agree with the microchipping I lost a good dog last year and some f****r has her if she had been chipped at least I could hope for her return and how many dogs have been lost and ended up in kennels that could have been scanned and returned to their owners if they had only had a chip. Ill chip every pup I get now anyway regardless of law

a microchipped dog was stolen near me not so long ago the police know who took it , they haven't got it back yet

I don't know what to reply to that mate??? I'm a bit confused if you know where it is surely the owner knows, if I found out where that bitch was even if it was at the bottom of England I would leave here NOW. Surely the owner should go and take what's his.