There's one place I shoot where they all come in in the evening and that doesn't always suit me but early in the morning it could be covered in them.

I do have to stalk it and try and get a quick brace as they leave it and maybe get another shot or two off as they circle around again. The only way you might get ducks coming in early morning is if somewhere nearby is being shot at daybreak.

Some ponds are day ponds and some night ponds. I had one that was predominantly a night pond but I noticed teal were coming in a morning.......it was odd but I had a couple of good morning flights getting there early before dawn and waiting for them to show up.

This season i am getting loads more teal coming in to one of my ponds at dusk, lots more than last year, but the mallard are only there during the day - unlike last year when they came in at night. It's weird how the mallard now use it as a day "roost".

Something has changed over the last 12 months - maybe the mallard have a better feeding option locally. I do feed mine twice a week, same as last year.