Five Calibres

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am on the same page as BH but... Just for fun... In any occasion.   Shotgun.   f**k 12g. Not big enough to handle charging rhino.   Go for a Remington SP10 poke for goose shooting, and 10guag

It is heartening to see the old faithful .22lr, is on virtually everyones list!

22lr 17hmr 223/5.56 270 308/7.62 I want all of them in a semi auto format with the exception of the 270, I want the 270 as a combination gun. 270 over 20g rifled shotgun.

22lr

22H

6.5 x 55

Have the above, but would make a few changes if money were no object..

22.H would bet changed for flatter shooting varmint round... Maybe a custom .17/.20 but only because ammo cost wouldnt be a consideration then.

I would add a 30-06.... because I could....... it would probably get out on the hill for a walk

17 HMR SAVAGE 93R17BTVS

223 BROWNING X BOLT STAINLESS BARREL

243 BROWNING X BOLT FLUTED BARREL STAINLESS

308 HOWA LAMINATED THUMBHOLE VARMINT STAINLESS BARREL

12 GAUGE WINCHESTER SX3 CAMMO SEMI AUTO

410 SINGLE BARREL FOLD UP .

All the above cover me for anything i am likely to encounter on any of my shooting permissions in the UK. :hunter:

Owen your days of creeping round with a folding 410 down your kecks are long gone ... :whistling:.. :laugh:

• 2 years later...

Realistically for UK? Five rifle calibers is more than I could find use for.

17hmr

222/223

25-06rem

300winmag (if we're being a bit silly)

Frankly the first three is all I could possibly need.

If I'm in fantasy land where money, regulation and opportunity aren't issues then I'm gonna need more than five! LOL

17hmr

222/223

25-06rem

If I'm in fantasy land where money, regulation and opportunity aren't issues then I'm gonna need more than five! LOL

'If you could choose 5 rifles which calibres do you think are the most versitile to cover the spectrum and would give you virtually a rifle for any occasion'

The question was 'any occasion' you'll be squashed by a charging Elephant with out my .470 Nitro! lol!

'

17hmr

222/223

25-06rem

'If you could choose 5 rifles which calibres do you think are the most versitile to cover the spectrum and would give you virtually a rifle for any occasion'

The question was 'any occasion' you'll be squashed by a charging Elephant with out my .470 Nitro! lol!

'

For any occasion, lol, okay. Hunting only?

I'll need that 300winmag in a highly accurized mountain rifle setup for mountain hunts in NZ and N.America. I'll need a 375H&H mag bolt gun open sights for thick skinned dangerous game in both Africa and N.America.

Maybe go a .300 blackout in a AR platform for f***ing about with. Or take the 223 in an AR platform as a sporting rifle and good vermin/predator gun.

Keep the 17hmr for small stuff and the 25-06 as a general purpose small-medium game stalking rifle.

• Like 1