Police

You can hunt rabbit and rats with Permission

Without permission your breaking the law

You can flush hares to a gun or hawk using one or two dogs with permission

Without permission again your breaking the law

Re deer best ask some one who knows

Think it's only shooting that's allowed with certain

Caliber of gun for certain deer again with a licence to have the said gun and with permission and if that species of deer is in season

Hunts can flush to a scent , drag hunt with permission if hounds accidentally get on a fox you try your best to call them off and you ain't breaking the law

Re terriers I'm sure you can put them to ground to fox with landowners permission if they are taking pheasants ect on that said land

This is how I see the barny anti hunt law that is detrimental to all wildlife if you look carefully at the bigger picture.

you can legally use a dog to track find wounded/injured deer to ensure humane dispatch :thumbs:

• Like 1

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

tell him go and Google the meaning of get f****d

perfectly legal joe, (with permo),next time tell him it is his job to know the law not yours to teach it him.

Yes its ok, as long as you have the landowners permission. Tell the copper to go and Google it lol......

Too many lads worrying about the law its ment to be something that you enjoy. And now lots of lads are spending more time looking over there shoulders. Its getting beyond a joke law pulling a lad because he's got a f*****g lurcher and a lamp , f**k me dark nights are here you need the lamp to see where your going lad let them prove its not for that its there job silly c**ts ;)

its no that mate if you get a tug youll lose your motor and dogs so no wonder lads are worrying mate

• Like 2

Accidents happen..

You tried to call the dog off.. look at Fenton :laugh:

I would not like to be stood in the dock with accident as my defence.. But some lads have been to court up this way and got away with it.. It was not the intention to hunt hares and it was a accident, they only had one on them..

Permission and fire arm is the was forward :victory:

Holy crap folks

Right

The LAW.

There is only an offence committed if it can be proven that the dog was DELIBERATELY used to hunt game on an area where no permission exists.

If you are walking the dog on ANY land in Scotland and the dog ACCIDENTLY chases a rabbit, (or hare / deer / fox if you can show no intent was mean) then you are not guilty of any offence.

In effect, tell Dalkeith polis tae bugger aff

• Like 1

Holy crap folks

Right

The LAW.

There is only an offence committed if it can be proven that the dog was DELIBERATELY used to hunt game on an area where no permission exists.

If you are walking the dog on ANY land in Scotland and the dog ACCIDENTLY chases a rabbit, (or hare / deer / fox if you can show no intent was mean) then you are not guilty of any offence.

In effect, tell Dalkeith polis tae bugger aff

but if caught with a lamp and lurcher gunna be pretty hard to prove you havnt gone in search of it

• Like 1

When Hunting Rabbits On Permission & Dog Is Off The Lead Working Imagine Scenario , Hare Lifts & Dog CHASES It And Catches It . . What's The Law Concerning That Scenario . . I Bet The Law Doesn't Cover That ?.

Carrying a Air Rifle in case this scenario arises stops all the grey areas incase of a court case

Ie' you'd be flushing to the gun.

Max I'm Not Looking For An Option If That Happened Mate , I'm Just Putting A Possible Situation Up & What The Law Would State . . So If My Dog Lifted & Caught A Hare On Permission What Could Those In Power Do About That . . I Bet Not A Lot !!

When Hunting Rabbits On Permission & Dog Is Off The Lead Working Imagine Scenario , Hare Lifts & Dog CHASES It And Catches It . . What's The Law Concerning That Scenario . . I Bet The Law Doesn't Cover That ?.

Carrying a Air Rifle in case this scenario arises stops all the grey areas incase of a court case

Ie' you'd be flushing to the gun.

Max I'm Not Looking For An Option If That Happened Mate , I'm Just Putting A Possible Situation Up & What The Law Would State . . So If My Dog Lifted & Caught A Hare On Permission What Could Those In Power Do About That . . I Bet Not A Lot !!

As long as you are blowing your "silent" dog whistle in an attempt to call it off, your fine :thumbs:

• Like 2

In Scotland we have the right to roam.

I have been stopped lamping several times and most of the police have been really nice. They just genuinely don't understand the law and to be fair it is very hard to police.

We can walk our dogs day or night through the fields and even if they know you have been lamping it is near impossible to proove unless you are caught red handed slipping your dog.

It is not up to you to proove innocence it is upto the police to proove that you are breaking the law. Even if you get caught with a hare provided you are 100 % adament that it was an accident you won't be charged.

The reason most people slip up is they fold and admit to what they are doing. If you stay calm, polite and tell them you are just walking your dog they can't do anything.

Most if not all police don't care less about lurcher guys. They would rather be chasing bad guys than walking through muddy fields.

• Like 2

You can hunt rabbit and rats with Permission

Without permission your breaking the law

You can flush hares to a gun or hawk using one or two dogs with permission

Without permission again your breaking the law

Re deer best ask some one who knows

Think it's only shooting that's allowed with certain

Caliber of gun for certain deer again with a licence to have the said gun and with permission and if that species of deer is in season

Hunts can flush to a scent , drag hunt with permission if hounds accidentally get on a fox you try your best to call them off and you ai pern't breaking the law

Re terriers I'm sure you can put them to ground to fox with landowners permission if they are taking pheasants ect on that said land

This is how I see the barny anti hunt law that is detrimental to all wildlife if you look carefully at the bigger picture.

Any amount of dogs can be used with hawks and terrier work can be done in the protection of game birds and that's any game bird migratry or not so the land dosen't have to have a reared population on it, doing terrier work to protect the woodcock when they come for the winter is legal. :yes: .

Re flushing Hares mate to a Hawk or Gun only one or two dogs can be used at anyone time per flush.

You cant use 3-4-5 dogs to flush one hare to a gun or hawk and why would you want to ?

Some fox hunts use a pack of hounds to flush to birds of prey,it's only 2 dogs when flushing things to guns Max :thumbs: .Before the flush it's looking for a scent trail and as many dogs as you want to use you can :yes: ,once the animal is located then only 2 can be used to flush it for it to be shot But please don't moan at me for the bollocks of it all,moan at tony blair as it's his idea :tongue2: .

As for joe i'd put in a complaint or just tell the copper to "f**k off, your a twat". type of thing .

• Like 1