Can Anyone Help Please!! ?

My bitch collie grey is now 2, she used to be a great working dog and a pleasure to watch work day and night, and all of a sudden she's just jacked it! Go near a enter acne of a feild she cowers and if off her lead she will run and hide or lie down, I've tried walking into feild right up into sitters and when they get up and run she just turns her nose and doesn't want to know anymore. This has only been going on for the last month and a half and I have gave her no reason to act like this seriously do not know what is up for her, I never gave her hard slips or anything close to hedges/fences they where always fare as some people say if they miss too many til out them off. But she hardly missed any when I do go out she would get a easy 8 out of 10 slips.

Any advice in what I can do will be very much greatfully apreiciated as I do not want to get rid of her. Cheers

Sounds serious if the dogs cowering..

Would suggest with out seeing it fear & anxiety..

I would Ring Jim Greenwood.. Been getting advice of him about a different matter.. Seems to really know his shit ..

He give advice on the phone for nothing. Well I think he does. I chatted for ages a good few times before we even got on to talking about meeting up, for a face to face.

So he aint just after your money..

Good luck fella.. It don't sound straight forward from what you have posted..

• Like 2

No injuries no loud bangs or anything as I said there's no reason for why she's doing this I don't know what's up, and cheers giro

Adam mate there's always a reason, just that sometimes it can take a bit of fathoming, cant see the wood for the trees so to speak.Your own frustration and anxieties over the issues however well you may feel you're covering them up, the bitch will be picking up on them thus compounding the matter.Giros advice is sound, speak to a professional, their objectivity gives a different view of things.Hats off to you for not giving up on her.

• Like 2

Are you on permission when working her. Just I was thinking if your not and shes run off the lamp and farmer or game keepers give her a crack a no its just a guess but it could happen , this might of knocked it out of her confidence. Or electric fencing lol thats give her a belt. Other than that mate feck knows atb anyway pal ;)

I'm on permission everytime I go so I doubt a farmer or keeper has cracked her, and she has been zapped off a electric fence a while ago, long before she started acting like this. It's as if she's got very lazy and just thinks to her self f**ck that.

• Like 1

She in seson or recently been in ? She may be in pup with out you knowing or having a Fantem pregncey just a thought mate ATB and good look mate

Ps try working her through the day and make her wear a thin coat she just might be cold and not like been out init

Took her out last night started playing up straight away then mates dog caught a rabbit she went over the have a sniff and mates dog went for her, they had a scrap then she started running normal! And slayed a good few bunnies, a very weird dog I have here lads haha but I'm happy she's perking up