What's The Rules

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

14000 on 300 acre???? Seriously???

There is some real pish spouted on this thread for sure In answer to socks question it is perfectly legal to have birds penned up, to,through and after the season be they pheasant or partridge, when

Sound's like the keeper has no idea what he's doing     Bird's should be released well before the shooting season starts if they are still penned they wont fly properly, they wont know where to r

Fallen out with the keeper , lol. In my opinion it's usually bigger shoots that do it, and aslong as the pen is moved reguarly onto fresh ground & pecking etc is minimal, I'm sure there ok to keep them through till later in the season, I think it's more a guild line rather than a enforcesble rule as such.

Sound's like the keeper has no idea what he's doing :icon_eek:

Bird's should be released well before the shooting season starts :censored: if they are still penned they wont fly properly, they wont know where to roost, they will have no wing muscle and will be in poor condition :censored: :censored: :censored:

He shouldn't be in the job if he's doing that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

on me local shoot, .....they put down 26,000 birds , and it is now a commercial shoot,....none penned and released through season.......that is the keepers job too contain there where abouts ........lot of pressure, especially towards end of season......big money , exspect decent days......= ....keeper shiteing a brick

Fallen out with the keeper , lol. In my opinion it's usually bigger shoots that do it, and aslong as the pen is moved reguarly onto fresh ground & pecking etc is minimal, I'm sure there ok to keep them through till later in the season, I think it's more a guild line rather than a enforcesble rule as such.

. Theres keepers then. Theres chicken farmers
  • Like 1

theirs no rules to it....theirs a generally excepted rule that its all released before its respective season starts. how ever i always had a few pens of partriges out all season as call birds. and a shoot i know that shoots BIG days restocks at the start or december with brailed birds.

HAVEING to let birds go on the day of the shoot is something that is simply not on yanks and spannish may do it but we dont, any keeper who makes up excuses for it needs gone. keeping birds put is easy if you know how. we used to put 2,000 reds 2000 ducks and 14,000 pheasants down on just over 300acre and get VERY high returns on them as well as a few thou on rented bits of ground.

simple if you know how

theirs no rules to it....theirs a generally excepted rule that its all released before its respective season starts. how ever i always had a few pens of partriges out all season as call birds. and a shoot i know that shoots BIG days restocks at the start or december with brailed birds.

HAVEING to let birds go on the day of the shoot is something that is simply not on yanks and spannish may do it but we dont, any keeper who makes up excuses for it needs gone. keeping birds put is easy if you know how. we used to put 2,000 reds 2000 ducks and 14,000 pheasants down on just over 300acre and get VERY high returns on them as well as a few thou on rented bits of ground.

simple if you know how

• Like 5

simple if you know how

yup give or take a few thou depending on the days then 3 thou in the forestry and 3 thou down the road

edit to say...289acre on the top of the road and 77 at the bottom of the road so over 300 closer to 4.... 5 pens of 2 thou and 2 pens of 1200 the rest in lal pens

Edited by perthshire keeper

simple if you know how

. Think theres a o missing lol

simple if you know how

yup give or take a few thou depending on the days then 3 thou in the forestry and 3 thou down the road

That's some birds on that area mate. Are/were you surrounded by large shooting estates also?

simple if you know how

That's some birds on that area mate. Are/were you surrounded by large shooting estates also?

edited after i looked at the old maps out ..we had a big place on one side of us then we had a small bird robbing syndicate on one side and a big lump of bird sucking ground on the bottom (netrigger you know the place!)

14000 birds on 300 acre ...how many drives was that ?....I have 3 partridge potable section pens on drives that always has a few birds in them ...like ali says as long as there moved onto clean ground then they do ok