Near Death Experiences

over the years from being a kid iv had a few, from standing beside someone that was shot to not turning up to meet someone an they were killed. to one when i was very young an putting my foot in the hole of a rim of the back wheel of a lorry to use it as an elevator to get me up on to the back of it, i wouldnt recommend trying it. car crashes iv been a lucky c**t

LOOKS LIKE UVE BEEN IN SOME STICKY SITUATIONS.lol.

wasnt as bad as i thought after reading this lol

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When I was 15 I fell under a moving train, trying to jump on the trucks for a ride home. Even after all this time I can still vividly remember being dragged along and tumbling under the trucks. I hone

My wife had a near death experience this morning in the car. She nearly put petrol in the diesel tank ... Again !

I nearly got married once

was working in The Ivory Coast a few year ago and we had to have armed guards where ever we went and we had what was called a panic room in our staff house....basically a metal room inside the house with food and water ...rumour has it that 2 French lads locked themselves in it when the shit hit the fan but the local s got in cut there heads off and put them on the gates of the house ..... we were out on the sauce one night and decided to loose the guards who would drive us about every where in a pick up armed with machine guns at about 4 in the morning coming out this club in dawned on us that we would be better with the guards as we were the only white people going about ...we flagged down this van that was the same company as our security ..FLASH SECURITY ,... they took us back to there base and whe we got there ..there was this lad naked and hung from a post his jaw was hanging off and he had been stabbed and beaten to fiuk .. we aske dwhat was going on ...they said he had stolen one of the guards bike .....not a life or death story but fuk me we soon sobered up

I was fishing off trevose head last year and got washed off by a freak wave. After getting chucked onto the rocks then back into the water three or four times by the swell I managed to get hold and pull myself out. I kept thinking this is it every time I went under the water. Trevose is not a good place to go for a swim. As a true yorkshireman though I never let go of my rod and reel. To expensive to leave at the bottom of the ocean.

The last frightener I had was my last night fishing for a living. We were fishing on a bar of an estuary we would wait untill it was almost bottom water then shoot the nets away in about 3ft of water. the net would the go out onto the sand bar and dry out. Then when the tide turned and the fish would come over the bar with the flooding tide the nets would be there waiting for them. Well that was the theory. We must have shot the nets a few minutes too early as they crossed over the bar and went into the deeper water beyond the bar and just kept going out. Nothing unusual about this it used to happen sometimes, just meant a longer wait for the nets to come back into the rivers inside the bar.

Up shot was there was a storm out in the atlantic and it was pushing big swells infront of it and although it was blowing about 20mph the swells were 20ft tall and curling on the top. We waited for the net to come back and after an hour there was no sign of it, so we had to cross the bar and go and look for it we were working in my mates 14ft dory that night after about half an hour of searching we found the net stuck fast in about 20ft of water and the net had been caught in the middle so it had closed up on itself. We started pulling the net but everycouple of minutes we had to turn the boat into the waves that were coming towards us side on. we had to keep the engine running so that we could power into the waves. We had just powered through a wave and were pulling like mad on the net when one wave came from nowhere and caught us side on, it lifted the boat and as bit got near the top of the swell it started turning the boat over the gunnels of the boat were vertical and the net bin holding around 500 yards of net init fell on top of me trapping me on the gunnel them my mate fell on top of the net bin. How the boat did not flip completely I do not know,when we were goind own the back of the swell the net was still fast stated draging the bow of the boat down and at that moment I though we were going to get swamped, my mate rited the net bin and the net shot out allowing the bow of the boat to come up just in time to catch another wave I was lying on the floor in agony and my mate cut the net setting us free. Thank god the engine started first time and we were able to surf the swells to get back into the estuary river. I had 3 broken ribs but again I felt I had escaped death. But enough was enough and I have not been night fishing on a boat since that night.

TC

Edited by tiercel

Got myself in a few dodgy situations while working in West Africa through drink when you think your untouchable ...then you wake up in the morning think wtf were you up to last night .

In 2006 I was in Angola and around 50 locals were having meeting and threatening to strike over there friend being sacked the meeting strated getting a bit heated after a few hours and we could see what was happening from our office that was above the yard ...there were a few blacks in our office and this big horrible german c@nt .said the best thing you can do is give all these black bxstxrds gun and let them shoot them selves ....not his best ever move ....a few of the locals found out about this and all hell broke loose ...they were like fukin Zulus eyes popping out of there heads demanding his blood ...me and a big Nigerian lad managed to smuggle him out the building and got him to fuk out of there but they posted look out s at the airport ...the horrible Nazi bxstxrd had to go into hiding for a few weeks before getting out of the country.

Because we had helped him we were the next target so I armed myself with 2 hammers and was prepared to take out anyone that came near me then one of the girls in the office said there away to get guns now that's when you go from being filled with andrenilin and prepared to fight to absolutely shiting it ...ive never been so scared in my life I mean real fear of dying all you think about is wife and the weeman ...we manged to get the fuk out of there and a week later was working with them all again ...but heard the german was working in the Gongo a few months later and was attacked .

A year past August I was offshore on a semi in the North SEA and had just finished a job on the lift frame about 50 feet up finished came down and gave my rideing belt to another lad so he could get taken up on the winch to do his job 2 mins later the whole thing fialed and my mate was hit by 10 ton of equipment falling it knocked hikm to the ground from 50feet he broke his pelvis ribs arm leg dislocated his shoulder and punctured a lung ...not good to see ....if I had been up there when it happened I would not be here today as the position I was up there it would of came down on top of me ...same thing all you think about is you family .....that's why I left the north sea ...also getting on they choppers now adays is not a good feeling

We had an office/workshop in Nigeria and they had a dispute very similar. Unfortunately the 'hard ass' who sacked the union members went home on his time off and his replacement was assassinated at the front gates, shot at close range.

I worked in Algeria for many years amongst other places and when I look back on how dangerous it was it makes me shudder. I'm with you on not doing stuff like that anymore including working in the North Sea. :thumbs:

Not many people have good things to say about working the North Sea like!! Is it really that dodgy?

Dived in a frozen canal to grab the wifes staffy pup that decided to investigate ice :icon_eek: was a good drop from tow path to water ,about 3/4ft,and atleast 6ft deep ...had to pass the dog up to father in law and then managed to grab his hand and got out....swimming in hiking boots etc in freezing water :blink: arse going like a rabbits nose :yes:Another time was ratting with the dogs when one lunged at a rat as it was going past a peat drain,rat in mouth the border slid down the side of the drain (about 8 or 9 ft)hit the bottom and started sinking....I attempted to slide down the side myself and instead shot to the bottom of the drain...grabbed the dog ...threw it up the bank,and realised I was sinking....all bankside vegetation was not long since cut so feck all to grab,nobody for miles and no phone,then I honestly thought this might be it,finding my knife I started stabbing at the bank to make some sort of "hold" fortunately found a tree root got two fingers under it and pulled myself up enough to grab some brambles etc on the bank.....very lucky,would like to think Im a bit wiser now.....