Near Death Experiences

over the years from being a kid iv had a few, from standing beside someone that was shot to not turning up to meet someone an they were killed. to one when i was very young an putting my foot in the hole of a rim of the back wheel of a lorry to use it as an elevator to get me up on to the back of it, i wouldnt recommend trying it. car crashes iv been a lucky c**t

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When I was 15 I fell under a moving train, trying to jump on the trucks for a ride home. Even after all this time I can still vividly remember being dragged along and tumbling under the trucks. I hone

My wife had a near death experience this morning in the car. She nearly put petrol in the diesel tank ... Again !

I nearly got married once

had a few real bad ones on the fell, slipping on crags normaly my on fault wearing bloody wellies, nearly drowned a couple of times too that was bloody scary!

last monday i was up the screes and come to a bad spot and went to climb up to the next ledge their was a very steep slope almost vertical about 20m down and 2 big crags on the top well i thought i spotted a way thru so climbed up and got to a wee 6 inch ledge then stretched out for the next rock and my toe slipped off the ledge and i went down and for that split moment before i grabbed the ONLY heather frond on the grag all that went thru my mind was "who will tell robyn!" and i wasnt sure what was more scary that i was almost raven fodder or she was going to be my last thought before the eternal blackness came over me :icon_redface:

had a few real bad ones on the fell, slipping on crags normaly my on fault wearing bloody wellies, nearly drowned a couple of times too that was bloody scary!

last monday i was up the screes and come to a bad spot and went to climb up to the next ledge their was a very steep slope almost vertical about 20m down and 2 big crags on the top well i thought i spotted a way thru so climbed up and got to a wee 6 inch ledge then stretched out for the next rock and my toe slipped off the ledge and i went down and for that split moment before i grabbed the ONLY heather frond on the grag all that went thru my mind was "who will tell robyn!" and i wasnt sure what was more scary that i was almost raven fodder or she was going to be my last thought before the eternal blackness came over me :icon_redface:

happens every day pal to differant people the drowning brings back a memory from the isle of man an the slipping on the crags i know the feeling when your out on your own

Got myself in a few dodgy situations while working in West Africa through drink when you think your untouchable ...then you wake up in the morning think wtf were you up to last night .

In 2006 I was in Angola and around 50 locals were having meeting and threatening to strike over there friend being sacked the meeting strated getting a bit heated after a few hours and we could see what was happening from our office that was above the yard ...there were a few blacks in our office and this big horrible german c@nt .said the best thing you can do is give all these black bxstxrds gun and let them shoot them selves ....not his best ever move ....a few of the locals found out about this and all hell broke loose ...they were like fukin Zulus eyes popping out of there heads demanding his blood ...me and a big Nigerian lad managed to smuggle him out the building and got him to fuk out of there but they posted look out s at the airport ...the horrible Nazi bxstxrd had to go into hiding for a few weeks before getting out of the country.

Because we had helped him we were the next target so I armed myself with 2 hammers and was prepared to take out anyone that came near me then one of the girls in the office said there away to get guns now that's when you go from being filled with andrenilin and prepared to fight to absolutely shiting it ...ive never been so scared in my life I mean real fear of dying all you think about is wife and the weeman ...we manged to get the fuk out of there and a week later was working with them all again ...but heard the german was working in the Gongo a few months later and was attacked .

A year past August I was offshore on a semi in the North SEA and had just finished a job on the lift frame about 50 feet up finished came down and gave my rideing belt to another lad so he could get taken up on the winch to do his job 2 mins later the whole thing fialed and my mate was hit by 10 ton of equipment falling it knocked hikm to the ground from 50feet he broke his pelvis ribs arm leg dislocated his shoulder and punctured a lung ...not good to see ....if I had been up there when it happened I would not be here today as the position I was up there it would of came down on top of me ...same thing all you think about is you family .....that's why I left the north sea ...also getting on they choppers now adays is not a good feeling

Got myself in a few dodgy situations while working in West Africa through drink when you think your untouchable ...then you wake up in the morning think wtf were you up to last night .

In 2006 I was in Angola and around 50 locals were having meeting and threatening to strike over there friend being sacked the meeting strated getting a bit heated after a few hours and we could see what was happening from our office that was above the yard ...there were a few blacks in our office and this big horrible german c@nt .said the best thing you can do is give all these black bxstxrds gun and let them shoot them selves ....not his best ever move ....a few of the locals found out about this and all hell broke loose ...they were like fukin Zulus eyes popping out of there heads demanding his blood ...me and a big Nigerian lad managed to smuggle him out the building and got him to fuk out of there but they posted look out s at the airport ...the horrible Nazi bxstxrd had to go into hiding for a few weeks before getting out of the country.

Because we had helped him we were the next target so I armed myself with 2 hammers and was prepared to take out anyone that came near me then one of the girls in the office said there away to get guns now that's when you go from being filled with andrenilin and prepared to fight to absolutely shiting it ...ive never been so scared in my life I mean real fear of dying all you think about is wife and the weeman ...we manged to get the fuk out of there and a week later was working with them all again ...but heard the german was working in the Gongo a few months later and was attacked .

A year past August I was offshore on a semi in the North SEA and had just finished a job on the lift frame about 50 feet up finished came down and gave my rideing belt to another lad so he could get taken up on the winch to do his job 2 mins later the whole thing fialed and my mate was hit by 10 ton of equipment falling it knocked hikm to the ground from 50feet he broke his pelvis ribs arm leg dislocated his shoulder and punctured a lung ...not good to see ....if I had been up there when it happened I would not be here today as the position I was up there it would of came down on top of me ...same thing all you think about is you family .....that's why I left the north sea ...also getting on they choppers now adays is not a good feeling

ffs is it ok if i read that in the morning

Had a few

lost a lot of mates,

but similar to mik the same thing happened while i was in p n g back in the mid 80 s the local went on strike over about 50p a week in there packets which they got there wages on a friday and pay slips on a monday,

they wanted to kill the wages clerk head man surrounded the cabin,this is the middle of nowhhere a place called kundiawa 1 dirty copper about 5 foot tall thoushands of locals with knifes and tribes,

we where armed and had body guards,they didnt want me they wanted to eat brian,

any way man behind me had a 90 degree reinforced steel bar put through his skull,

no way that scared me i started to panic a bit then a black van pulls up from no where about 10 massive black fellas jump out with guns,

one comes over to my guard and asked who the trouble maker was he pointed him out

then he went over to him with a sawn of gun and shot him dead,

shit

he then pulled his body into the van a few words muttered and they all went back to work,

so on that note the hunting life isnt that scarey,lol

• Like 2

When I was 15 I fell under a moving train, trying to jump on the trucks for a ride home. Even after all this time I can still vividly remember being dragged along and tumbling under the trucks. I honestly thought I was going to die, strangely enough I was quite at peace with it, maybe because it seemed inevitable that I would die. Anyhow, some how I got thrown out from under the trucks and ended up lying in a gutter by the side of the line.

I sat up and said out loud "I am alive" I then realised that I had a strange numb feeling in my right hand and I could not feel my thumb. So I pulled back my jacket to see why and all I could see was that 2 of my fingers had been torn off, my middle finger was hanging on by a bit of skin and a tendon and my thumb was flopping about all over the place. Luckily I was not alone I was with my brother and two mates and together we walked to the nearest farm for them to call an ambulance, I remember being quite lucid at the time and because my wellies were covered in mud I would not go in to the farm house but sat outside. I would not have anything to drink as I had been to the dentists that morning and had an empty stomach so they would be able to operate earlier.

They were able to save my middle finger all-be-it with limited mobility in that because they had to stitch the bottom tendon back together I have never been able to straighten it. but the other two were unable to be stitched back on as the damage was too great.

2009_0226net50yd0005_zpsa4508840.jpg

Moral of the story if your going to play with trains make sure they are Hornby.

TC

Edited by tiercel
  • Like 9

:icon_eek: lucky lucky men.

Ive not had an actual "im going to die" thought, but near misses i have had from lorrys near killing us - but just lost a wingmirror, to near being wiped out by a Mercedes .

But weirdest one - i was in a car accident (wernt bad) one night with an old mate - then when we got far enough out of there we rang up and got two fella's to pick us up.. After about 3 mile of driving he ended up taking a bend far far too fast - we ended up getting wedged in between two tree's.

Two car's wrote off in one night - and no i was not driving :laugh:

But after reading some stories on here THAT is not worthy enough :laugh: just thought id throw it in there :D

Worked mostly in building & construction, so had a few near misses, but I suppose the only time it could of spelt certain death, was the time I was building an artificial cave in a zoo.....

Having spent most of the morning on my back, inside the cave, doing the finishing touches to the render.........10am & 'time for breakfast', crawled out, walked away..........& the whole 4+ ton of steel, mesh, concrete & render collapsed flat to the ground!

Boss said...'does that mean it won't be open this week?'