Another Boot Thread

Been looking at some of the other threads, looking for ideas on a decent pair of boots for ferreting, out with the pup, walking, and possibly abit of beating.. £100 would probaly be my limit, if am lucky might be able to strech to £150

Any helps appreciated, cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Blackhawk black ops boots, fantastic and in budget, about £130. Read the reviews before purchasing and there were comments like, went moose hunting, walking for 5 hours in minus 20. So I was pretty sure they were good enough for little old me :D Really pleased with them, time will tell and after I've had them a bit longer, i'll post a review but so far, so good, really cant fault them and great sole (vibram) but different design to most that I have seen and way gripper on tree roots etc :thumbs:

Hello. I recently bought a pair of Altberg Tethera boots. They were from an outdoor company online and cost £161.95. I think normally they are about £180. I initially bought a 10 wide but found that I needed to go up a half size and went for the extra wide option. They are extremely comfortable and will do me very well I think. Perfect with gaiters. They are not as high leg as the altberg gamekeeper, for example, but they still provide more than adequate ankle support. Best wishes, Hector

• 4 weeks later...

for the past 2 years ive been using lowa army ecw boots there very good and robust and they come with a vibram sole,i paid only £50 for mine new but you will get them for under £100 on ebay,a lot of my mates are using top brands such as harkila and lechamue costing hundreds,and at the end of the day they aint any drier than me,i sometimes think some of them are going to a fashion show,lowa are up there with the best,wf

• 2 weeks later...

Note to everyone, steer well clear of aigle stuff. Bought my first pair, they weren't waterproof and fell apart in about 9 months. Got I n touch with them and had the second pair for about 4 months and they started to seep water too. After a load of bull. excuses, they basically said that they don't warranty boots that are a gesture of good will. Couldn't be less helpful. Just a warning!

• 3 weeks later...