Stud Dog For My Lurcher Bitch

I am considering breeding a litter from my lurcher bitch. She is quite an unusual mixture with her dad being a whippet and her mum a springer x labrador. She has come out looking more whippet however. Very affectionate, intelligent and can really run, she is not fully grown yet and I would not consider putting her in pup for a good six months and more but just wondering if it's even worth considering breeding her and what may be a good match?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have to disagree ,,,,, this place just gets better and better,,,,,lol

Karen. If you want to breed pets, please forget it. There are literally thousands of 'pets' in rescues and being put down all the time. The odds are your pups will not find a home and/or will end u

Yeah there's a decent market for decent dogs everybody wants a decent dog obviously but the key word here is market you don't talk about what you want from the dog or what your aiming to get out of a

Posted Images

I am considering breeding a litter from my lurcher bitch. She is quite an unusual mixture with her dad being a whippet and her mum a springer x labrador. She has come out looking more whippet however. Very affectionate, intelligent and can really run, she is not fully grown yet and I would not consider putting her in pup for a good six months and more but just wondering if it's even worth considering breeding her and what may be a good match?

got to be a wind up
  • Like 1

Be gentle, not everyone knows the right ways and wrongs ways...if this is all this lass has ever been taught?

Why not try explaining the right way in a constructive way to educate instead of going in for the attack all the time?

Be gentle, not everyone knows the right ways and wrongs ways...if this is all this lass has ever been taught?

Why not try explaining the right way in a constructive way to educate instead of going in for the attack all the time?

where's the fun in that :laugh::laugh: jumping into the lion pit and opening a bag of steak was only ever going to end badly :tongue2:

I would use an Otterhound, that way you will have yourself a S.L.O.W.