Lost Collar

I put a Rabbit into a bury chased with the dog, put the Ferret in, Rabbit bolted all was good, then ferret came out with no collar,

Burys were next to a fence so wasn't getting a good signal, reckoned on knowing roughly were the collar could be, and had a couple of digs 3ft down with no luck.

When I returned home I put my hand in my pocket and found the collar, I never had put it on in the first place, must be an age thing. or plain stupid. :icon_eek:

• Like 2

I put a Rabbit into a bury chased with the dog, put the Ferret in, Rabbit bolted all was good, then ferret came out with no collar,

Burys were next to a fence so wasn't getting a good signal, reckoned on knowing roughly were the collar could be, and had a couple of digs 3ft down with no luck.

When I returned home I put my hand in my pocket and found the collar, I never had put it on in the first place, must be an age thing. or plain stupid. :icon_eek:

Classic :laugh:

Hi Andy

I looked at harnesses but I was concerned that they could

snag underground and trap the ferret thats why I was

thinking about velcro that could be pulled free

Sam

If its gonna come away when caught, you gonna lose it. More holes in the collar, tight fit. Job done. Never had a slip since adding more holes. The more stuff hanging off a ferret, the more chance its got of getting caught up or disturbing the nets.

I intended to leave the normal collar on but have an extra strap attached to it with velcro

I make all my own collars and the holes are much closer than the norm

but I would still like an extra security

Sam

Quality Joe :clapper:

Hi Andy

I looked at harnesses but I was concerned that they could

snag underground and trap the ferret thats why I was

thinking about velcro that could be pulled free

Sam

If its gonna come away when caught, you gonna lose it. More holes in the collar, tight fit. Job done. Never had a slip since adding more holes. The more stuff hanging off a ferret, the more chance its got of getting caught up or disturbing the nets.

I intended to leave the normal collar on but have an extra strap attached to it with velcro

I make all my own collars and the holes are much closer than the norm

but I would still like an extra security

Sam

Edited by Jamie m

That's nothing,,,I lost the actual box last year,,,,,and it's still there somewhere searched for it a good few times

attach the box with tape to a three foot stick wont get lost also you dont have to do gorilla impressions when you use it

That's nothing,,,I lost the actual box last year,,,,,and it's still there somewhere searched for it a good few times

attach the box with tape to a three foot stick wont get lost also you dont have to do gorilla impressions when you use it

Just tuck it into the top of your wellies and you can walk about with it till you get a signal

• Like 1

Interesting that some of you have started to use harnesses on ferrets with locators as a result in some cases of ferrets throwing traditional collars off, and from my own experience on two occasions finding them difficult to retrieve,has anyone got a particular type of harness that they prefer and were did you get it from,I am thinking of trying one out if they are a good safe alternative to the traditional collar.

Interesting that some of you have started to use harnesses on ferrets with locators as a result in some cases of ferrets throwing traditional collars off, and from my own experience on two occasions finding them difficult to retrieve,has anyone got a particular type of harness that they prefer and were did you get it from,I am thinking of trying one out if they are a good safe alternative to the traditional collar.

the collar is fine just put more holes in it ,