Great Day Ends In Disaster .... X 2.

Guest vin

Thanks everyone for the kind words . It's good to know I'm not the only old softy who has soft spot for his ferrets .

You need to man up and get a grip ... They are only smelly weasels that happen to scare a few rabbits out of holes ... Chuck them in a hutch feed them the best milk and bread and get shot in the summer so you can save a few pound ... Come autumn they will be two a penny .. Use them for the winter and get rid ........

Alright there, wonder if you could give me some advice about the bread an milk? Does it matter which type/colour bread to use an is skimmed milk better than UHT?

The cheaper the better their only ferrets .........

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry to hear of your loss, nice to hear other people get as attached to there ferrets as I do to mine.

What a damned shame: I have felt just as bad if I've lost a ferret before its time. They work so hard, demand nothing, and truly become part of a great team: some of them at any rate. Hope you're sort

get them young uns in mate ,I had a bit of bad luck with ferrets a couple of years ago so I had too start again with three kits , from day one they worked hard ,show em the rabbits and most will work.

Posted Images

How long do you cook it for? Itchy and Scratchy are pretty fussy.

Best off leaving it out in the sun to warm up just below curdle heat ........

sometimes as a special treat from the usual bread and curdled milk I give em a Teacake instead..they love them currants... they mix in well with the flies,They can tell the difference. :D

How long do you cook it for? Itchy and Scratchy are pretty fussy.

Best off leaving it out in the sun to warm up just below curdle heat ........

sometimes as a special treat from the usual bread and curdled milk I give em a Teacake instead..they love them currants... they mix in well with the flies,They can tell the difference. :D

WELL!I am not happy at all, I gladly welcome this advice from the experts only to discover that its no good! Gentlemen im not stupid its December, it could take days to curdle in these temperatures or may even freeze, then my little husband and wife team could be quite hungry.Thank goodness the lovely people at Furry Friends Forum were more helpful, recommending a super vegetarian diet and all the latest treats and clothes, honestly you lot on here, shocking advice.

Vin, i'm so sorry for your loss! :o:(

I've just been through the same heartbreak, as we've recently moved house: not too far away but on a main road we're my kitten of 9 months was knocked over and killed.

I know what you mean by "its only a ferret" or kitten in this scenario but she had an accident which lead to having her front leg amputated a few months back, so, she was made to stay in the house during the healing process- whilst we lived at the previous address and in that time we bonded well, such a connection between us- basically glued to my side and didn't like me doing anything other than fussing her:- it was such a hoot whilst playing on my PS3 online and my friends laughing as i got pestered by a cat.

Unfortunately, as we just moved in, unpacked and furnished the house, my partners mum let her out one night by mistake and it it was the last we saw of her, the next time i held her, she was in a cardboard canister filled with ashes.

Even for a big man like me, i feel like cracking up into floods of tears but what i'm saying is you're not the only one to feel this way and people who understand these connections we have to animals, are here on this site for you ;)

I hope you recover well and a possible, new ferret for you on the horizon.

ATB

Grae

Edited by GSkye

Had a quick lookout local today..just wanted to try out a couple of new ferrets and an old 1 thats not been out for a long time.

So far so good. . .early doors yet ..but I may have at least 1 thats showing a bit of promise.

post-11815-0-36011300-1387732209.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

tomo said you add a bit off crack ,,,on the day,,,vin,,,good on yer for getting out,,,only add 19 that day meself....out tomorrow,,,,mite get a sun tan,,lol,,a frosty day for a change,,,

thought you were ferreting for sunbeds against the Germans in there socks and sandals. . .?