Great Day Ends In Disaster .... X 2.

Guest vin

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry to hear of your loss, nice to hear other people get as attached to there ferrets as I do to mine.

What a damned shame: I have felt just as bad if I've lost a ferret before its time. They work so hard, demand nothing, and truly become part of a great team: some of them at any rate. Hope you're sort

get them young uns in mate ,I had a bit of bad luck with ferrets a couple of years ago so I had too start again with three kits , from day one they worked hard ,show em the rabbits and most will work.

Posted Images

sad that vin very sad mate I have allways said bud ferreting is a very deep game and I don't meen on depth the game itself , I have had odd ferrets that I have dug two deep sand n stuff and it has caved in suffercating them, and like u say theres workers and shirkers in ferrets mate very hard come by class ferrets. shame that bud sorr two here

Cheers Phil... I remember offering you a few of mine last year...its funny how things can change in an instant with this game.

PS.. where/who did you get your new stock from ? ...PM me if you like.

Next year im going to get a couple of Jills from new stock.

Lot of folk think every ferret the same sling them in hole and they ll bolt /kill rabbits like dogs there's good and bad in ferrets as well and to find a really good line is not that simple lot of people I know have had there working type for years working them hard and breeding for themselves or close mates to replace old Jill's / hobs when the time comes for fresh stock to be brought on etc finding the right working hob can be a problem at times me and the mate keep a hob each and use them enough to know when we breed were breeding of 2 working parents not a working Jill and an unknown hob that looks nice but not worked enough or worse still worked at all glad you got sorted with new stock it's nice to hear some folk hold there little grafters in high regard not like the old days were they were kept in small damp hutches and fed shit like bread / milk expected to work in all weathers to feed the family etc I know times have changed and folk seem to appreciate the little grafters more they provide us with 1 of the only legal ways to work are dogs at moment due to the joke of a ban atb taffey

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for the kind words . It's good to know I'm not the only old softy who has soft spot for his ferrets .

You need to man up and get a grip ... They are only smelly weasels that happen to scare a few rabbits out of holes ... Chuck them in a hutch feed them the best milk and bread and get shot in the summer so you can save a few pound ... Come autumn they will be two a penny .. Use them for the winter and get rid ........

Thanks everyone for the kind words . It's good to know I'm not the only old softy who has soft spot for his ferrets .

You need to man up and get a grip ... They are only smelly weasels that happen to scare a few rabbits out of holes ... Chuck them in a hutch feed them the best milk and bread and get shot in the summer so you can save a few pound ... Come autumn they will be two a penny .. Use them for the winter and get rid ........

Alright there, wonder if you could give me some advice about the bread an milk? Does it matter which type/colour bread to use an is skimmed milk better than UHT?