Cage Tray Lining ....?

I have a Canary 'Double Breeder' (As ye probably all well f**king sick of hearing about!) And I intend to put a pair of birds in it.

Okay. It's been decades since I had a bird in a cage. Things have moved on and I'm happy to accept I now know Nothing.

So, what do we put in their trays, these days, please? I thought I'd be moving with the times if I used bagged, dry sand?

Seems there's now better, dust free and so forth, shit out there though? What's with this " Wood Based Cat Litter ", eg. ?

Anyone? Please?

I can see me keeling over, one of these days. And leaving the Best f**king set up canary cage in the country. All the very best gear close by. And it having never held a f**king canary! :laugh:

• Like 1

Hmmm. Bugger. I've read all about EasiBed and the Snowflake range. Neither of which is available to me. That particular brand of sand is.

I'm taking it ordinary wood shavings, from the wood mill, would contain microscopic dust particles and nail my birds?

Hmmm. Bugger. I've read all about EasiBed and the Snowflake range. Neither of which is available to me. That particular brand of sand is.

I'm taking it ordinary wood shavings, from the wood mill, would contain microscopic dust particles and nail my birds?

you should be able to get dust extracted shavings from any horsey type suppliers. the other thing is normal sand paper from the pound shop

i find sand about the best pete as shaving can and will contain dust mite no good for respitory system also find hold mite from the eye, kiln sand hold cured minerals and 90% bacteria free.and wood chips as bad as shaving mate,that my opinon and had birds 20 years mate

• Like 1

Hi Outlaw Pete this is what I use for my canaries Pigeon Granulated Floor Dressing 20kg

Granulated Floorcovering (Anti-Coccidiosis) Natural Granulated Floorcovering is a natural product consisting of lava drawn from the subsoil. The treatment and the granulation of this particularly porus substance offer it an exceptional absorbing power: 1kg of granules can easily absorb 1 litre of water. Thanks to this the Granulated Floorcovering guarantees perfect hygiene in the loft. When the pigeons droppings fall on the granules, they dry in no time, which stops the contamination cycle by parasites. The use of Granulated Floorcovering pratically stops maturation of the oocysts of coccidiosis and of the eggs of the ascarids. Moreover the granules absorb the smell of the droppings. It can stay in the loft for one year provided it is raked weekly. When the granules and droppings are removed from the loft they can be used as excellent fertilizer in the vegetable and flower garden. Natural Granulated Floorcovering - a bag of 20kg covers 1.5 m2

atb W.D

I have a Canary 'Double Breeder' (As ye probably all well f**king sick of hearing about!) And I intend to put a pair of birds in it.

Okay. It's been decades since I had a bird in a cage. Things have moved on and I'm happy to accept I now know Nothing.

So, what do we put in their trays, these days, please? I thought I'd be moving with the times if I used bagged, dry sand?

Seems there's now better, dust free and so forth, shit out there though? What's with this " Wood Based Cat Litter ", eg. ?

Anyone? Please?

I can see me keeling over, one of these days. And leaving the Best f**king set up canary cage in the country. All the very best gear close by. And it having never held a f**king canary! :laugh:

first get a bird ,the secret in the name bird cage :D

Yeah, I know. But, don't ye think I'd look a bit silly, walking around with this bird in my hand, while I tried to sort out a cage to put it in?

' I am, there for I think. ' Descartes before the horse .....

• Like 1

Yeah, I know. But, don't ye think I'd look a bit silly, walking around with this bird in my hand, while I tried to sort out a cage to put it in?

' I am, there for I think. ' Descartes before the horse .....

its gora be said a bird in the hand worth two in the bush :boogy: