Bedlington X Whippet

hi all

i have a beddy whippet now 8 months old which i got at 5 months old,she was well behaved did most of the commands without having to repeat myself too many times,brilliant off the lead in the park recall was coming on good then all of a sudden it's as though i'm going backwards,she's started ignoring recall even with a treat for coming back,she wants to run to the nearest person jumping up at them now to top it all my missus caught her eating her own shite in the hallway after she had been out and not done anything it's as though she knows she's done wrong and trying to hide it,ive heard this breed can be head strong but she is starting to send me crackers,has anyone else been in this situation if so what did you do AL

ive got her on body builder plus and mince meat same as my 9 year old russel,she was wormed 2 weeks ago with drontel,she just loves getting attention off other people thats when she clocks me a deaf un,ive had her out ferreting and she's good as gold doesn't bother with the ferrets and doesn't wander off,looks like it's gonna be a patience thing and she will steady up in time cheers AL :thumbs:

Give it a week no improvement cull it

:laugh:

your our dog is doing what all dogs do at that age, by the sounds of it you have done all the hard work and nowt you do now other than wait will stop this bad behaviour. It won't take long a few months at most and could be finished real soon. Trick is don't ask the pup to do what you don't think it will do. If you think it won't come back, don't let it off. If you don't think it will sit don't ask it to. When you notice the dog is starting to listen again then do a quick recap. If all the basics you have taught but don't bore the pup if it knows them. All will be good an won't be long till it's ready to start work :thumbs:

• Like 2

cheers thats what i wanted to here,the teenage bit :thumbs: eating the poo was a one off thing :bad: hopefully,it's the recall thing that's frustrating me if there's no one around she will come no problem but soon as she sees anyone she's off making me look a proper tw@t :icon_redface: ,i'm gonna keep her on the lead for a while but the time has to come when i have to let her off and chase the ball along with my other dog :icon_eek: AL

your our dog is doing what all dogs do at that age, by the sounds of it you have done all the hard work and nowt you do now other than wait will stop this bad behaviour. It won't take long a few months at most and could be finished real soon. Trick is don't ask the pup to do what you don't think it will do. If you think it won't come back, don't let it off. If you don't think it will sit don't ask it to. When you notice the dog is starting to listen again then do a quick recap. If all the basics you have taught but don't bore the pup if it knows them. All will be good an won't be long till it's ready to start work :thumbs:

agree with you on that...............sound like its just having its rebelling stage where all you hard work goes out the window for acouple month/week

hi all

i have a beddy whippet now 8 months old which i got at 5 months old,she was well behaved did most of the commands without having to repeat myself too many times,brilliant off the lead in the park recall was coming on good then all of a sudden it's as though i'm going backwards,she's started ignoring recall even with a treat for coming back,she wants to run to the nearest person jumping up at them now to top it all my missus caught her eating her own shite in the hallway after she had been out and not done anything it's as though she knows she's done wrong and trying to hide it,ive heard this breed can be head strong but she is starting to send me crackers,has anyone else been in this situation if so what did you do AL

also heard that putting grapefruit in with her food will stop her from eating her stools