Not a total disaster

Went out this morning with the kids to our "secret" woodnut area. Theres always tons of woodnuts and we all love the so we were pretty gutted when we got there and there wasnt a woodnut in sight, someone had snaffled the lot. :censored: . Ive kept the squirrel numbers down around there so it wasnt them. Anyway we had a mnooch and, got a punnet of brambles, and, after finding out the difference between damsons and sloes we picked a couple of pounds of damsons ( really tasty ones) and we intend to make a jam.

All in all it was a nice walk- i discussed with the kids some of the fundamental questions of life- who would win in a fight - a dalek versus optimus prime from transformers, randy couture (ufc ) versus a crocodile, and what would it be like to live in a house made of brambles! it doesnt half get intellectual with my kids.

Heres a photo ( of the brambles and damsons, not a dalek)

post-10515-1189857004_thumb.jpg

I know what it's like finding a secret collecting spot has been found about 7 years oago when i was 8 i used to go looking for conkers in a wooded area cant remember where now. :doh: one day in september just before school was about to begn again i found some b*****d had already taken almost every single one!

Edited by godman
My mum used to make a mean blackberry and apple pie when we kids we use to pick them at the bottom of the garden :thumbs-up:

Just had some of my mums home made apple and bramle pie, shes still making them now! As good today as when i was a young un. :clapper: