Ok mate if you want to make your mind up over 1 trip then that's fine with me but don't you think that all the pickup builders do years of tests and research into fuel consumion when building a car.as mpg is one of a pickups biggest selling point over their competitors

do you actually know anything about the motor trade, quoted mpg means nothing, and on pickups most are more concerned about weight carrying and towing capacity, my experience with my own truck is based on more than one long distance journey, have you even got a driving license :fool:

• 1 month later...

Ive had mrk 1/2/3/4/5 hiluxs they very rarely broke down got a new shape mazda bt50 you'll defo get more for your money but id go back to a mrk4hilux invisible any day its jaap for jeeps and German for cars the new stuff with 6 gears will still only give you 30 but there is always more going to go wrong :yes: mechanics tool boxes are getting bigger and bigger :laugh:bring back perkins

like paulus ive had an 02 xlt ranger, not a good machine, gearboxes give trouble, back axle falling assunder was another issue and i think head gaskets was another issue with that era. the last site i worked on had a fleet of pretty new rangers, all from 08+. seemed decent enough, good off road, and pretty average on diesel for a jeep.

i went from just having a jeep, (personal use and dog work,) after a while it didnt make sence to drive it to and from work as a car with the price of diesel.

then i had a jeep for the dog work and roughing about and a decent car for personal use and everyday driving.

not too long ago i said this is crazy, two road tax, two insurance policies, 2 tests every year so i sold the jeep, sold the car and bought a passenger honda crv 2.2tdci. i took out the back seats and changed it to a commercial vehicle. best yoke ive had in years. the car i had was an 06 passat sport, 2.0tdi, very good on diesel, the crv is as good if not better. loads of room in the back with seats gone, same as a car to drive, handles off road pretty decent and i aint got stuck yet. prob not as good as an all out jeep but it does what i need no hassle. with the price of fuel it doesnt make sense to drive a big 4x4 when you dont have work for one. id strongly recommend looking at these jeeps for somebody that does mileage but needs a yoke to do a bit of off road aswell.

• Like 1