What Would Suit Me

marky r

I been thinking of getting a bushing dog for a while well a few years but not sure what to get I got lurcher so it would be used for pushing foxes out to the gun and dogs I used terriers before got a Sealyham that's about 8 year old now but they frustrate me how death they can be the Sealyham gets its nose down is a white dot on the horizon if u don't watch out. I'd want something quite easy to train that didn't hunt on too far and that didn't turn death when u called it back any suggestions? Thought about a spaniel but i want it mainly to push foxes out

I been thinking of getting a bushing dog for a while well a few years but not sure what to get I got lurcher so it would be used for pushing foxes out to the gun and dogs I used terriers before got a Sealyham that's about 8 year old now but they frustrate me how death they can be the Sealyham gets its nose down is a white dot on the horizon if u don't watch out. I'd want something quite easy to train that didn't hunt on too far and that didn't turn death when u called it back any suggestions? Thought about a spaniel but i want it mainly to push foxes out

Spaniels will push foxes out,especially if you dont condition them to quartering and just let them hunt from a puppy.

Any terrier type will do all you wish if given the opportunity,there are so many pro,s and cons with the bushers available,i find Spaniel to be less vocal than most terriers and find it important for a decent sounder to alert the runners,Beagle types range to far for my liking,i prefer a terrier,especially if reynard needs evicting from his underground refuge,there is the problem of terriers dropping in that some find to be the major problem with a busher.Some like bigger bushing dogs,i find them to restricted in tight cover.Id get out and about with a few different crews and find what best suits.The ground you cover will have the biggest say on the busher that will best deliver for you,i do a fair bit around Leeds and have seen Hounds,Beagle types and terriers that have all worked to a suitable standard,what best suits me is Beddy,s,not only excellent bushing jukels but warrant little unwanted attention from the nosey brigade.

• Like 3

Spaniel x beagle is what you need.

would it be black and tan ? :D

good shout .

If you're doing alot of tight bramble why not try beagle Russell ?????...... the possibilities are vast as long as you're prepared to put the hard work in because even if you find the perfect cross you'll still have to mold it to what you want and need .

I'm from just outside Leeds and want something for bushing foxes not wanting it to go to ground got terriers for that something that sounds abit and that won't turn death if I need to call it back if it goes near a road

Give the terriers some freedom and let them bush away.