Mole Dogs.

I know you lot will probably think I'm mad, but has anyone else ever had a dog who will locate where a mole is active underground?

One of my dogs is mad keen on moles, he can show me where tunnels are in places i would never have found, and i have yet to miss a mole in places he marks!

I dont even need to check my traps, he goes around them all and lets me know which ones have caught...i kid you not :laugh:

I had a golden lab that would follow moles underground, and when they stopped she would dig a hole in the run and use her bottom jaw to rip up the run until she got to the mole, funny to watch, but you couldn't let her near a bowling green :D

one of my labs come out moling on farms with me for company, to stop her being in my face while setting traps I sat her down while I set on each mole. After a couple of times she runs the field finds fresh molehills and sits down waiting for me to go over!
Come in very handy in long grass where spotting hills is tricky

I only started taking him initially to fields with no access via vehicle. Some of them were 3 fields away over steep hills. Put panier bags on him so he could carry more traps for me, meaning less trips back and forth to the car. He loves it, unfortunately one of the reasons he wants to find moles....he wants to eat them, and when the farmer wants to see how many moles you have caught it can end up as an expensive dog chew :D