Just Turned 19 And Desperate For A Chance As An Under/beat/trainee Stalker/gamekeeper

Hello all,

my name is Stewart,

I live in Angus county, Scotland at the present moment in time, I absolutely love stalking to bits, I have experience working on stalking estates, and the main species being managed on those estates is red deer, I also have experience with grouse, partridge and pheasants. I have my Firearms and Shotgun Licence, and also have a clean driving license and have been passed for 2 years. Recently turned 19 years old, looking for a start as an Estate under/beat/trainee stalker/gamekeeper preferably, but would strongly consider other opportunities in Deer management if seen advertised or offered, prepared to move to any location for a chance in this line of work !!!

I have a CV with great references

• 4 weeks later...

Good luck mate .Try hard enough and it will happen.Pester everyone you know so its fresh in their minds when anything comes up .Answer everthing in the sporting press as you never know what it leads to .I really do wish you all the best for the future mate

• Like 4

I have seen posts like this sooooo many times over the years, and reading between the lines you want to shoot deer with rifles all day long. If you want deer stalking than say it, if you want game keeping then say it, they don't always come hand in hand! if i offered you a job game keeping Pheasants would you take it? and how long before you left if a stalking job came up?

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

There's about 8 on guns on pegs at the mo alone. Seek and ye shall find ;)

www.gunsonpegs.com/shooting/classified/available/jobs.php

Not sure where you're looking but out of the 7 under 'available' only one is a job advert. The rest are people looking for work who've posted in the wrong section...

There's about 8 on guns on pegs at the mo alone. Seek and ye shall find ;)

www.gunsonpegs.com/shooting/classified/available/jobs.php

Not sure where you're looking but out of the 7 under 'available' only one is a job advert. The rest are people looking for work who've posted in the wrong section...

Meant to say shooting uk not guns on pegs, my bad lol

• 7 months later...

I have seen posts like this sooooo many times over the years, and reading between the lines you want to shoot deer with rifles all day long. If you want deer stalking than say it, if you want game keeping then say it, they don't always come hand in hand! if i offered you a job game keeping Pheasants would you take it? and how long before you left if a stalking job came up?

In the greatest respect, i think what i said and what i was asking for was fine, and i disagree with the fact you think i want deer stalking the whole way, you dont me from adam. My father was a full time grouse keeper and deer stalker for near 30 years and was also a full time Head keeper of another grouse moor . You are correct in saying they dont always come hand in hand, but as a keeper yourself you should also know in fact a fairly large amount do. And as you put it "shoot deer with rifles all day long" just shows how little you must know about deer management. I have since found full time employment on a deer estate where i am happy for the time being, but does not mean i wont look for a job that has diversity in deer grouse or even lowland game in future.

thank you for commenting but in future i think you should conduct yourself in a more professional manner when commenting on other peoples posts, and especially when there trying hard to seek employment and not looking for undermining lectures.

• Like 6