Cage Perches ....?

Hot meat >The pins are hammered into the dowel mate not on the back of the cage, just the way I do it :thumbs:

That's half the buzz of having birds and that mate swapping ideas and diffrent ways with like mined folk. Man who taught me was tight if I'm honest and wouldn't waste a pin if none was needed lol hence he only used a perch and nothing else lol

I suppose I'm a bit tight as well mate, I don't buy doweling, I rip up lenghts of wood with the handsaw then roughly plane it with a block plane, like yourself I prefer to use dowel type perches in the cages and natural for the flights :thumbs:

• Like 1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's half the buzz of having birds and that mate swapping ideas and diffrent ways with like mined folk. Man who taught me was tight if I'm honest and wouldn't waste a pin if none was needed lol henc

I was looking through the pet shop window with a torch ffs just to see if they had them in stock

I'm a bit lost with this post to be honest lol however how I do it   cut a groove on end of dowel using hand/ tenon saw and push wire into groove   for the other end make small hole on the back

Posted Images

ffs pete send me ya address and ill send ya what ya need tight arse :whistling:

That what i tried doing 4 pages ago :laugh::laugh: .

I was looking through the pet shop window with a torch ffs just to see if they had them in stock :laugh::laugh:

• Like 2

You'll get f**king pulled, doing that shit! :laugh:

the mrs said add it to your list of daft things you`ve done ----------- I said while you nip in the co-op for the beer I`ll see if they`ve got any perches in stock for pete :D

• 2 months later...

:hmm: How's that work then, Meat? I'm visualising shoving a 1/2" dowel between 1/2" spaced bars. Nothing's going to happen. Dowel bigger than the space? Bend the bars.

This is what I'm after, see? Pop the flat end in and turn. Job's a good'n.

Perches_zps0ac39340.jpg

Ive just trawled through pages and pages looking for this !!!

Went and bought myself some breeding cages today but i cant suss out what sort of perches they are supposed to have.....there are pre drilled holes at the back in line with where you would have a perch which i presume is what the holes are for.....but where can you get perches like the one at the bottom of the picture above ?.....( the one furthest to the left )......i have some wooden twisty ones but they are square at the end so wont fit.....and they are not long enough....im sitting their like a 7 year old thinking hang on a minute i must be missing something here :D .....the cages are pretty standard 12 inch depth.

Also what sort of stuff do you put on the bottom i cant be doing with all that sandpaper carry on is normal builders sand ok ?.....or not :icon_redface: