Cage Perches ....?

The ones ye twist between the bars of a canary cage. I need four of them. One foot long. I also need one of those blue, plastic drinkers. Suitable size for a pair of canaries.

If anyone would be willing to get them for me and send them over? Please let me know and I'll send you cash to cover it.

Thanks.

• Like 1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's half the buzz of having birds and that mate swapping ideas and diffrent ways with like mined folk. Man who taught me was tight if I'm honest and wouldn't waste a pin if none was needed lol henc

I was looking through the pet shop window with a torch ffs just to see if they had them in stock

I'm a bit lost with this post to be honest lol however how I do it   cut a groove on end of dowel using hand/ tenon saw and push wire into groove   for the other end make small hole on the back

Posted Images

Plural? I only need the one, mate. Birds'll be living together. Ironically, they sent me Four f**king seed hoppers with this cage. Two of those little finger drawer things. Then, I suppose, the birds are mean't to die of thirst :rolleyes:

Can you get at these perches, from where you are? It'd be easier to cut the one deal than messing around with different people. Finished painting the inside of my cage today and finally ripped one of those useless f**king perches out. Now I have a f**king hole to repair! :censored:

• Like 1

Just send an address and i'll post them as a spare is always handy and it'll be only pence so no messing with sorting me out pete,as for perches i have a pile of wooden dowling ones and i'll chuck a few in for you but that's all i have.

• Like 1

Fireman; I'm sorry, mate. But dowels are no good to me as I'd be straight back to square one :( I could buy a length of dowel, in town, no problem. Only, these flat and grooved ended, twist in perches are 60c a piece, here. Then they want €7.50 f**king postage!!! :icon_eek:

Nearest f**king pet shop is in the next county. €70.00 taxi trip away. Arse, isn't it? Haven't even got a sniff of any birds yet either.

No. I'll have to hold out and see if anyone can access a pet shop that keeps the perches I need. Meanwhile, should the sky open up and the hand of god deliver me the pair of birds I'm after? I'd just shove some sticks in there and give them a f**king dish.

Really appreciate the offer anyway, mate. Thanks.

:hmm: How's that work then, Meat? I'm visualising shoving a 1/2" dowel between 1/2" spaced bars. Nothing's going to happen. Dowel bigger than the space? Bend the bars.

This is what I'm after, see? Pop the flat end in and turn. Job's a good'n.

Perches_zps0ac39340.jpg

I've got one of those wooden ones Traps and to be honest i dont rate it, it flops down at an angle for some reason, the plastic ones dont. You can have this wooden one of you want, i prefer to get natural branches or the natural ones with the washers and fly nuts :thumbs:

No don't start with dowling Pete start with a square piece of long wood put the saw grooves at one end. Put it in sideways and the saw grooves take the bars in them as you twist.exact same as your pics Then you can alter the thickness and shape of perch so the canaries feet get a good work out grabbing diffrent thickness perches or square or round. Another way is to just get buts of off cuts not unlike chopsticks and cut them a bit longer then the wire to the back of cage,insert little groove on end that will touch wire and push back part against the back wall the extra few mm's will bend the wire on front of cage out slightly and it will jam in so to speak. A quip tap with the hand will dislodge it but even a few canaries on same perch won't budge them if you get them snug enough

• Like 1