Puff balls are lovely, sliced and fried in a little butter with a bit of garlic, then eat with a peice of toast, but if the puff ball has a yellow tinge to it ,i dont think you can eat them then, we get loads of other mushrooms round here but i dont know what they are called, but again real tasty,

Ive been into mushrooms for a few years now. Tried the penny bun and oyster mushrooms. I found a patch of horn of plenty about 3 summers ago. they were good. Havent tried chanterelles as apparently theres ones called jack o lanterns that look just like em, but are poisonous and im too much of a wuss to take a punt :icon_redface:

dry jews ears out and use em for gravy thickener no MSG spot on i eat em all my favourites are puffballs,blewits,all forms of the field mushies,oysters and chantrelles.

Ive picked field blews for over thirty years now and at a pound a pound to the local greengrocer or butcher it makes for a good mornings walk and a good excuse for being on the land

03-12-06_0657.jpg

Edited by juckler123

I love to go out and get shrooms. Here we have the Bay Bolete, Chanterelle , Morels and a few others, I don´t know the English names of. What I don´t eat the same day, I dry and put in jars to keep for the rest of the year. Still have some dry bolete from last year as it was good and I got over 30 kg on one weekend.Rabbit stew with boletes and morels in it . OOOOHHHHH YYYEEEESSSSS

ATB

Michael