Boar Cull Forrest Of Dean

Does anyone know how they are going about culling these boar? Are they shooting them at night or by day? Are they feeding them into certain areas? Are they only shooting on certain days etc? Must be a nightmare with all the walkers, mountain bikers, campers etc

Cheers Kyle

• Like 1

Think it will be bait stations and night vision, that's their usual M.O.

Should be like shooting fish in a barrel in that case. The place is crawling with pigs. I can see why the locals want them thinning out a bit. Have you seen many pigs around your Pheasant shoot lately Jai? cheers

Should be like shooting fish in a barrel in that case. The place is crawling with pigs. I can see why the locals want them thinning out a bit. Have you seen many pigs around your Pheasant shoot lately Jai? cheers
There's not many verges or bits of land that they haven't rooted,

Even practically the middle of coleford town they been and rooted .

There's not many verges or bits of land that they haven't rooted,

Even practically the middle of coleford town they been and rooted .

Yes mate. The little funkers sure have made a mess. Do you shoot them or chase them around? Cheers

Aye, i've got a rouge one at the moment that needs hunting down. It's taken residence in a big patch of brambles and pines. . . . should be some fun evicting it :laugh::thumbs:

Had a face off with one last week. . . . hit it on the snout and it did one :bye:

Shame they don't re-locate them around vast open or wooded spaces elsewhere, for more enjoyment & management .

Now wouldn't that be good, seriously lacking them around here, although the population does seem to be growing well, would like to think its only a matter of time.