Eels

used to trap eels alot with my uncle as he loves them jelled....jasper i'll ask him how he made his i know it was simple.. think it was boil the heads up to get the jelly then add the eel sections an some clear gelatin but i'll find out for sure later

why dont you make a eel fork and spike the yourself its good fun.get a good large toasting fork and wade into the river best time after a flood as it get rid of green slime alge. work your way up stream slowly lifting stones on river bed with one hand and stab any eels with other. eels allways head up stream and stab them when time is right. push fork right down to river bed the get your fingers under eel and fork and lift up and get it on the bank. slide coat hanger wire through gills and hang of belt then do it again.... as for cooking them slice up with skin on the put in bowl with vinegar then microwave them till skin busts only a few mins. best bit of fish you,ll ever taste.

used to trap eels alot with my uncle as he loves them jelled....jasper i'll ask him how he made his i know it was simple.. think it was boil the heads up to get the jelly then add the eel sections an some clear gelatin but i'll find out for sure later

Nice one Stu it would be much apreciated :thumbs:. If it came down to Sex with the wife or a plate of Jellied Eels I'm afraid the eels would win everytime B)...

Guest shaheen

Nice one Stu it would be much apreciated :thumbs:. If it came down to Sex with the wife or a plate of Jellied Eels I'm afraid the eels would win everytime B)...

Jellied Eels are about my fave bit of grub :thumbs: ,even when we go to the agricultural show's/Game Fair's etc i go straight to the sea food stall for a pot of jellied Eels for my breakfast!.Cant beet it with a touch of malt vinegar and Jasper my mother say's she's going to tell your other half what youve said!!! :clapper:

Shaheen

Jellied Eels are about my fave bit of grub :thumbs: ,even when we go to the agricultural show's/Game Fair's etc i go straight to the sea food stall for a pot of jellied Eels for my breakfast!.Cant beet it with a touch of malt vinegar and Jasper my mother say's she's going to tell your other half what youve said!!! :clapper:

Shaheen

Ooooops :angel:! Tell your Mum I'll take your dogs for a walk! clean all your aviaries out, polish her car and even do a Dance in my Loin cloth for her if she keeps it quiet :notworthy:. It would be awful if she told the missus cause she has now taken up Sumo wrestling and could sit on me! she's also trying to break the record for eating as many Big Mac's as possible in one day :whistling:...

here you go jasper

easy to do jellied eel's

gut an wash the eels then cut them in sections about 2-3 inch is what we do, place them all in a pan including the heads an tails an cover with water till it just covers the eel sections then boil till the fleash is just coming off the bone,take off the heat an pour the liqurid in to a jug.

Remove the eel sections from the pan an place the eel sections minus the head an tail s in to a bowl pour the liquid back over the eel sections you have, the liquid should just cover the sections if it dont mix about half a pack off clear jellitein with half pint off boiling water an add to the bowl

bang it in the fridge to set an enjoy....

try trapping them in the dyke's

Good man for the recipe Stu :clapper:. I wouldn't mind lobbing this couple of eel grids somewhere and getting myself a few! they're definitly one of my favourites fish to eat...

Cheers

Jasper

Hello Kurgan

They only really have one main spine bone and thats about it, I just pick the bits up and munch all the meat off around the bone, Its made me hungary now ;) .....

• 1 year later...

Hugh fearnly whittingstall cooked the eels all wrong. I come from the shores of lough neagh in Northern Ireland which is famed for eel fishing. My family have been cooking eels for years. The best way to cook them is to throw the tail on the pan first to get some oil. then put the eels on for about 3 hours and only turn them once. eels are very oily and thats why people dont like them but if you cook them this way they lose all the oil and are far nicer. if you di it like hugh fearnley and cook them for about one minute on each side they are still full of oil and not as nice.