Ideation

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

couple more pics of the beagle x cockers      

With this particular bitch, she is pretty biddable. It was one if my biggest concerns in getting her and bringing her on and so I've put a lot of time into her. At the end of the day she is a hound so

Posted Images

Do find with these types of dogs with hound in your bit limited as where you go permission wise ? due to there range and likely to end up 3 farms away if they get on a fox and also the worry of roads ? Just curious

She will hunt off a way if she needs to mate, and I do have to be a little thoughtful as to where I take her, but she's nothing like a pure beagle, even though she is 3/4 bred. She is pretty biddable, and I can call her back for the most part if really need to. I take her into some pretty big blocks of forestry and have had her hunt something out of hearing , but when she has lost it she back tracks sharpish. I do plan on getting a gps if i do get a few more though.

Do find with these types of dogs with hound in your bit limited as where you go permission wise ? due to there range and likely to end up 3 farms away if they get on a fox and also the worry of roads ? Just curious

She will hunt off a way if she needs to mate, and I do have to be a little thoughtful as to where I take her, but she's nothing like a pure beagle, even though she is 3/4 bred. She is pretty biddable, and I can call her back for the most part if really need to. I take her into some pretty big blocks of forestry and have had her hunt something out of hearing , but when she has lost it she back tracks sharpish. I do plan on getting a gps if i do get a few more though.

Sounds very handy and reassuring if she is good at finding her way back all ways a comfort that. I see the prices on gps's are not too bad now a days too

I think some of it is just her particular character, she is a real person centered dog and loves to be about me, p-ossibly that might change if she is in a small pack. The gps are a fairly ok price now, and it's just that extra piece of mind. Also it would be handy for the runners when in the big woods. :thumbs:

attachicon.gifImage013.jpg this is brother to smallys the one I kept back think I bred a good litter there lads cocker x beagle

now he is a stunner.....very well put together him............wonder what pups he would produce if he was put to a begal x teckle ................. :whistling:

what do you recon ideation

or back to a cocker for working in close.

attachicon.gifImage013.jpg this is brother to smallys the one I kept back think I bred a good litter there lads cocker x beagle

now he is a stunner.....very well put together him............wonder what pups he would produce if he was put to a begal x teckle ................. :whistling:

I reckon they would be beagle x spaniel x teckle.

Just a guess.

Just a guess.

as in workin types/charicteristics................not what breed

I agree bullx100%. . . .. that's the litter i've got my eye on, him or his brother.

And I know looks don't mean toffee, but I like the fact that the litter threw a lot of black and tans. I wouldn't mind a bit of uniformity in the pack lol.

I can see this getting out of hand :laugh:

Out of interest, what height are they M.P?

Just a guess.

Actually gaz. . . . they would be Beagle x Cocker x Beagle x Beagle x Teckle x cocker x terrier x teckle. . . . or something like that :laugh:

As for working characteristics. . . I would imagine noisy and persistent . . . . and a bramble patches worst nightmare :laugh:

They would be solid as well, the wee hound of mine weighs over 15 kg.

• Like 1

I agree bullx100%. . . .. that's the litter i've got my eye on, him or his brother.

And I know looks don't mean toffee, but I like the fact that the litter threw a lot of black and tans. I wouldn't mind a bit of uniformity in the pack lol.

I can see this getting out of hand :laugh:

Out of interest, what height are they M.P?

is the litter brother of similar stamp?