Ian Church Lakelands

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All you lads on here having a good moan about workers and show dogs. There was a legend of a man died last week that kept through out his life time some of the nicest and hardest Lakeland terriers T

Thats right people, 5 years or so ago the section had some good people on, and some great days and pics put up. Constructive comment was and still is nice, but who does ask and post, theres still onl

I think the main reason lads dont post about digs is the heat thats on lads thses days , either terriers being stolen or lads gettin unwanted visits off the police or rspca.Lads may just want to go ab

Posted Images

The point im making if a pup starts its life winning puppy class rosettes, then wins the under 12 month class. Then that dog has a fair crack of the whip around the earths but dont make the grade.Is it the same end result what would happen when an ugly little terrier dont make the grade.

• Like 1

The point im making if a pup starts its life winning puppy class rosettes, then wins the under 12 month class. Then that dog has a fair crack of the whip around the earths but dont make the grade.Is it the same end result what would happen when an ugly little terrier dont make the grade.

If it does,nt make the grade it will be chucked in at the end of a dig,made to take some stick,entered in the next working class and the stud fee and price of pup will go up.Bollocks who would sink to those levels?.

m and m ---makem and mousely ---------------------------- have made a fortune selling dogs abroad for years 5ks fook all to them red dogs over the there white lakies they`ll mop up at the Russell shows with pups next year----------- just shows you what kind of dog men they are been at the game years and still buying in :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

. Lord m to you stig

pair o fannys -----tell what there both be good atpost-14509-0-91180000-1386533536.jpg

m and m ---makem and mousely ---------------------------- have made a fortune selling dogs abroad for years 5ks fook all to them red dogs over the there white lakies they`ll mop up at the Russell shows with pups next year----------- just shows you what kind of dog men they are been at the game years and still buying in :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

. Lord m to you stig

pair o fannys -----tell what there both be good atattachicon.gifimages1.jpg

that reminds me of strawberry nose when he does'nt win at shows :laugh:

All you lads on here having a good moan about workers and show dogs.

There was a legend of a man died last week that kept through out his life time some of the nicest and hardest Lakeland terriers

That any man would be proud off.

He won many a show in summer and worked his terriers with the Melbreak in some of the hardest country in the lakes.

His line of terriers was probabley one of the original sources of Ian Churches breeding. And many others.

One of the founders of the Fell and Moorland Working Terrier Club.

RIP. John Cowen.

A Lakeland Legend.

• Like 13

And a fine gentleman too..... that is terribly sad news.

Does anyone know if his funeral has taken place and if not any details please ?

R.I.P. John a true gentleman of the old school... a role model for us all and for any aspiring terrierman.

Edited by Barrie
  • Like 4

Last time I was at a show, whilst standing their watching the lurcher class a fella in front of me had a nice strong looking nuttal type dog, another fella asked him if he worked it, " no it's to good with the kids" . That was the last time I went to a show and with threads like this It proves I'm not missing nothing.

my mate woz in a dog show this year and a very well known terrier man came up to him for a chat he had a nice chocolate dog on a lead my mate asked had much with the dog two firsts and a second woz his reply my mate nearly choked on his pint

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Cheers, D.

Just before i read that i was going to say. Showing terriers Has gone on since hounds have hunted like minded people gathering during the summer months to enjoy a drink and a chat , JC like many enjoyed showing and judging , shows are not a threat to the working terrier far from it and long may it continue , RIP MR Cowan May your legacy live on through the people who have and cherish your lines

Edited by gonetoearth
  • Like 2

All you lads on here having a good moan about workers and show dogs.

There was a legend of a man died last week that kept through out his life time some of the nicest and hardest Lakeland terriers

That any man would be proud off.

He won many a show in summer and worked his terriers with the Melbreak in some of the hardest country in the lakes.

His line of terriers was probabley one of the original sources of Ian Churches breeding. And many others.

One of the founders of the Fell and Moorland Working Terrier Club.

RIP. John Cowen.

A Lakeland Legend.

Sorry to here about john,but Ian's lines come from Middleton and graham wards lines years ago but I don't no if johns was in there as I've never heard Ian say.