Artificial

The placing ofArtificial earths is an art you need. To reccy the wood through the seasons a site thats well hidden in summer months may not be in winter , it may be proun to flood in heavey rain, as old bodmin says u prevailing wind directions . Charlie uses borans earths burrows that other fox have used for decades Some as lay ups some to breed the choise of site is every thing or all the work is a waste of time , Field craft and knowing the habits of reynard !!!!!!

where u from gte u seem to know it all any chance of a day out
OUT !!!!!!! Fook that ARMCHAIR HUNTER ME

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why bother if you`re going to shoot them?

Have another look, 2000 acres and 2 earths , hove a good root round

frog gtes won t go out now its far to cold for him he s an arm chair hunter until summer and if the sun s shine in he may get out of his chair for a stroll , lol

Foxes use all sort of places as earths as long as it's dry we used to work a concrete floor earth near the Coatbridge flyover just outside Glasgow and yes we dug it more than once repaired it with tin sheets brick and soil and we worked foxes from this earth ever season. When I have constructed artificial earth I have always put in quite a few 90 degree angles to stop the wind howling through. Just keep in mind bone dry and free from drafts and the foxes will use it.

• Like 1

Won't use this year.make them long with 2 beds and horse shoe shape if possible.put block in the bed so a dog has to go round it to go through,this also helps with the wind.dig the entrances down so wind won't be a problem,cement all joints to stop rabbits ruining them.make bed a 3ft slab then a block and a brick high then slab on top,plenty plastic bags as well to stop damp,1/4 fill tubes with soil and you never know the might get used depends how cautious the foxes are.

don't make , no odds digging the ends in , if you get it wrong it just acts like a vortex and pulls the draught down through.......

oh and gte if I was ever out with you ,....... I can tell you be doing me head in with your know it all stories and I would get out my fox tail and put it up you and then back fill you.... :thumbs:

• Like 1

don't make , no odds digging the ends in , if you get it wrong it just acts like a vortex and pulls the draught down through.......prefer L shape with a covered chamber on the bend and a slab in the chamber with enough room too go round.....years ago we put one in behind a wall on bank , out of the wind, ( so we thought) ,....no joy and when clearing the end out one day,........couldn't believe the draft what was coming through........you would never of thought it.........lot of work too get it wrong.......

oh and gte if I was ever out with you ,....... I can tell you be doing me head in with your know it all stories and I would get out my fox tail and put it up you and then back fill you.... :thumbs:

. Lol. Oooooo. Big bad beast of bodmin know it all stories. Lol. Lads ask give my opinion bodmin just like you. Bod just like you. Except you would never be out with me as am very very fussy who i keep company with. Bodmin you dont cut the mustard sunshine. VORTEX lol LOL Edited by gonetoearth
  • Like 2