Centrefire Moderators

Guest FRANK GALLAGHER

Guest FRANK GALLAGHER

I'm looking at purchasing a moderator and interested in what the majority of members use on there own rifle setups, from previous knowledge the reflex T8 seems popular.

Edited by FRANK GALLAGHER

Hello i work 2 T8's on my rifle's but would like to change them for some of the more better built you get now.They are fine & i have never had prob's just like to change to 1 that can be striped for cleaning like PES12/A-TEC or the jet-z ultra & whatching a new mod on test to see what like.

Hello i work 2 T8's on my rifle's but would like to change them for some of the more better built you get now.They are fine & i have never had prob's just like to change to 1 that can be striped for cleaning like PES12/A-TEC or the jet-z ultra & whatching a new mod on test to see what like.

i agree with v-max , i also have the T8 but in hindsight i should of bought one that could of been stripped down, happy hunting. :thumbs:

Guest Ditch_Shitter

I have an ULTRA on a .22 Hornet. Seems fine to me. Granted, it's my first centre fire and thus my first Moderator. I've no personal experience to compare with. But it does what it says on the can and is fully strippable.

I'm looking at purchasing a moderator and interested in what the majority of members use on there own rifle setups, from previous knowledge the reflex T8 seems popular.

my mate has one of these ase jet-z cqb on his Tikka t3 tactical 223, its the dog bits mate. better then a t8 and not as big :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Scuba1

At 15000 meters we had ca. 12m groups with one of these. :clapper: :clapper:

Haubitzenschalldaempfer.jpg

A bit expensive I have to admit, but very effective on rabbits, if there is a lot of them about ........ and before you ground me, YES it is a centre fire :whistling: :whistling:

ATB

Michael

Guest Scuba1
is that for real ? it looks like a giant Johnson :clapper:

Yepit is and its a 105mm howitzer on a leo mark two chasis doing 30Km target shooting. They park the thing somewhere and shoot from there to the military zone. The " Moderator " is used, so as not to upset the locals too much.

The muzzle brake st the end of the barrel stays in place, so as not to knock the tank mack and have the crew bouncing about in there like in a cocktail shaker. Thats why the two bulges are at the side. Note the slot at the back to allow for elevation changes

ATB

Michael

Edited by Scuba1