Anyone Good With Computers????

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it firing up?   Fans coming on?   Lights?   Bios bleep?

Give it abit of shoe leather

Knackered power supply unit

Sorry guys for the late reply. It is a PC. Nothing is happening at all when i press the button. No lights or noises anything so im guessing from what youve said its the power lead? I will go to maplins today for a new one and try that :signthankspin:

Sorry guys for the late reply. It is a PC. Nothing is happening at all when i press the button. No lights or noises anything so im guessing from what youve said its the power lead? I will go to maplins today for a new one and try that :signthankspin:

use a kettle lead

Also worth checking the actual plug socket is still working by plugging something else in to it. If the plug, fuse and socket are ok (you can test the cable in something else) then I recon your power supply has packed in, the cheap ones you get in most PCs are crap and die frequenty. It's an easy thing to replace but if you don't want to do it yourself pop in to a computer shop and get them to do it. Shouldn't cost much.

Put a new fuse in the plug and just tried the socket and the sockets working so hopefully its the power pack. Just going to dig an old kettle out of the garage. How much do you think they are new to buy these power supply units? Sorry about my limited computer knowledge.

Put a new fuse in the plug and just tried the socket and the sockets working so hopefully its the power pack. Just going to dig an old kettle out of the garage. How much do you think they are new to buy these power supply units? Sorry about my limited computer knowledge.

basic one roughly 10 to 20 quid

i have a psu forsale :D

if the psu goes you might be lucky just replacing it, ive seen the psu taking the gpu and mobo with it.. try the basics, leads,fuse, power button stuck/ no working,

did you have any problems with pc before this happened?