• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The things men have to do to stop scum bags stealing their fowl is unbelieveable !   And the travellers wonder why we all treat them like vampires , .....

I can't see the point in buying in a wooden shed and then building walls around it ... That makes no sense whatsoever and will cost you double the amount ... Just build a block shed and panel it out i

ok mate cheers

paint the inside of the wall with masonary paint to weather-proof the walls to stop damp.battern the walls out and back with 12 mm exterior ply.put insulation between the wall and the ply......befor hand u could evern paint the ply with creasote to help againts future mites.
  • Like 1

I've had my allotment sheds broke into more times this year than the previous ten. Tools and anything metal has been stolen, I'm thinking now that it's just not worth the effort. It's soul destroying to go out to feed your hens before going to work to see shed doors hanging off and gates smashed in.

Rows of vegetables were stolen whilst I was at work, the general theory is by Poles who work in the industrial estates. The Police don't seem to think that the theft of food is a big deal and the council say its up to the allotment holder to secure his garden.

There doesn't seem much point in continuing to have an allotment, its hard to do justice to one anyway when all I really want to do is go fishing in the summer and if stuffs just going to get nicked anyway what's the point. When your in full time work time is precious.

thanks MR WILKES - unfortunately the area I am in if people are driving past they can hear the birds crowing and sometimes the wrong people come to the door and ask to see the chickens and when you say no they get funny about it the scumbags. This way I will not be bothered who drives past or who knocks on the door because good luck trying to even get close to the birds.

Cameras up on the road , you will be surprised how many number plates it will catch slowing down and stopping ....

Best advice i keep giving is to stay away from travellers and the wannabees that hang about with them

No doubt a few will be on saying iam no theif blah , blah , blah

And they might not be ...... But there kin will be

And a few loose lips ...and.. lets be right travellers cant stop clashing their gums ....its empty pens

Asian fowl attract them like flys to shit

Add to that the type of men that keep them and ...

Personally i wouldnt have the ugly s.o.b.s. on my place !

• Like 2

I have had people knock on my door in the last 5 years. Every single one has been travellers - and I have not entertained any of them for a second. Like I said when you are straight forward they don't like it at all. I put a post up a few months back about 3 travellers that came and started getting funny, I told then straight away I don't show my birds - next thing you know they're peeking over the fence trying to see. It makes me sick and my blood boil that there is such scum about. hopefully when this shed is done that will be it once and for all.

Aseel are you wanting a wooden looking shed that's also secure ??? If so why not build a block single skin shed and clad the outside with feather edge board ... Its really quick and looks good ... Here is mine not the best pic as it was off my phone .........

image-115.jpg

• Like 1

I do like that setup socks. that's the type of brick I am talking about - what do you think about building a shed with them bricks you have on the bottom all the way round instead of using any wood at all? will it be warm enough? secure enough? will pens be easy enough to build. thanks before hand.

I do like that setup socks. that's the type of brick I am talking about - what do you think about building a shed with them bricks you have on the bottom all the way round instead of using any wood at all? will it be warm enough? secure enough? will pens be easy enough to build. thanks before hand.

That is a full block shed mate ... Once finished I battened the outside with 2x2 then attached the feather edge board to make it look like a wood build ..........