Best Ferreting Shovel

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best spade I have owned, had it over 10 seasons Folders or these little things don't hold a candle to this sort of spade.  

We used to take a bar with us,,, or rather one of the lads that came out with me did,,, he had a round mouth shovel that this bar attached to the back of,,, so you carried it all in one,,,, we used it

Bloody hell don't you guys have enough kit to carry around with you without having a selection of shovels and an iron bar...

Posted Images

Best spade I have owned had it over 10 seasons

Folders or these little things don't hold a candle to this sort of spade.

656E8DA6-8291-412D-AA79-338BC942F48A_zps

What kind is it mate?
No idea, it came from a mate who works on the water. They call it a tea spoon.
  • Like 1

I also use the roughneck micro.Its on its third season and still looking good. Best of all it fits along the top of my net bag.

Yep spot on aren't they, mine goes in my rucksack :thumbs:

Until you snap the head digging through rock :laugh:

I also use the roughneck micro.Its on its third season and still looking good. Best of all it fits along the top of my net bag.

Yep spot on aren't they, mine goes in my rucksack :thumbs:

Until you snap the head digging through rock :laugh:

I tend to stick to digging through sand :laugh:

No pics. U need to get a spade with a tubular steel shaft and cut it half way down. Weld a thread in one side and thread the other with a tap. Then when you screw it together line it up, drill a hole through it and bolt it so it doesn't unscrew as you dig.

The welding puts this outwith my capabilities. lol!

Good post from the Stranger, im sure if you found the right spade, and took it too a workshop that would do welding, it would not cost too much.

The Mechanic that looks after my car, does all sorts of funny jobs, im sure if I needed one done, he would do it.

Just ask about. :thumbs:

No pics. U need to get a spade with a tubular steel shaft and cut it half way down. Weld a thread in one side and thread the other with a tap. Then when you screw it together line it up, drill a hole through it and bolt it so it doesn't unscrew as you dig.

I used one similar to what you describe not long ago with the terriers i found the bolt cut into my hands far too much was very uncomfortable digging. Atb